Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Ship.

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited June 2010 in Work in Progress #1
I've been working on a trek ship, it's going to be placed somewhere between the Excelsior and the Ambassador classes in the trek time line. I've just finished the main lines and some of the details on the saucer section so it's still very much a WIP. Tell me what you think. I don't like the phaser strips very much, they seem a bit small. The diameter of the saucer is 160m.

topfl.jpg
sidedu.jpg
frontstd.jpg
aftu.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

• StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    Good start. Done with Sketchup?
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    looks good so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Thanks guys, yes it's done in Sketchup.

I pretty much finished the saucer section, maybe I'll add some more details when I think of them but now it's time to move on to the main hull, after that the warp engines and finally the neck.

beautyw.jpg
    topzk.jpg
    sidewv.jpg
    frontvfs.jpg
    afts.jpg
    the main lines and some of the details of the hull are done.

underside.jpg
  • RekkertRekkert4253 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,326Member
    Looks great! Always good to see another SketchUp user around.:D
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    update:
    beautyeo.jpg
    Pretty much done except for minor tweaks and details. Have to sort out some problems with the rendering too, some parts are the wrong texture in the render like the side phaser strip, part of the ventral phaser and part of the lower hull.

done1.jpg
    doneey.jpg

USS Texas NCC-6384

California class destroyer/deep space explorer (shown in Batch V configuration. Originally a Batch I and later upgraded to Batch VI)

Commissioned: 2310 (8th out of 250 ordered).

Batch I : 1st to 50th ship, Commissioned from 2310 to 2314.
    Batch II : 51st to 100th ship, Commissioned from 2314 to 2320.
    Batch III : 101st to 150th ship, Commissioned from 2320 to 2327.
    Batch IV : 151st to 200th ship, Commissioned from 2327 to 2335.
    Batch V : 201st to 250th ship, Commissioned from 2335 to 2350.
    Batch VI: Full upgrade for all remaining ships for Dominion war operations starting from 2372.

length:390m
    beam: 160m
    height:76m

crew: 560

10x Type VIII Phaser Array. (6x Type IX and 4x Type VIII for Batch VI)
    8* x Standard Photon Torpedo Tube. (2x Standard photon torpedo tubes aft and 2x burst fire tubes forward for Batch VI)
    250 Photon Torpedo's.

Heavy duty shields.

Standard Duranium/Tritanium Double hull plus 4 cm High density armour. (10cm armour on Batch VI)

Cruise speed: Warp 6.
    Max cruise speed: Warp 8.5. (warp 9 for Batch VI)
    Max speed: Warp 9 for 12 hours. (warp 9.6 for Batch VI)

*The California class has a unusual heavy torpedo battery, this is because these ships were the first one with phaser arrays instead of phaser banks. This new technology had it's fair share of teething problems and under combat condition it was feared they would malfunction. To make sure the California's weren't a sitting duck in combat if this happened the designers gave it a hefty torpedo battery.
    When the technology matured in Batches II and III this made the California class a formidable opponent with for it's size a heavy phaser battery backed up by an formidable torpedo battery.
    In it's prime these ships were not to be messed with and even during the Dominion war battles when it was in it's hay days it gave a good account of itself.
    backsidees.jpg
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    This model has some potential. The nacelles seem kinda spindly, I bet if you beef 'em up it would balance the model. See how their supporting struts would look if you doubled their size, they'd stick farther out, be taller and have some heft to 'em.
    JWWright wrote: »
    This model has some potential. The nacelles seem kinda spindly, I bet if you beef 'em up it would balance the model. See how their supporting struts would look if you doubled their size, they'd stick farther out, be taller and have some heft to 'em.

Something like this you mean?

bigte.jpg
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    I suggest you to increase the saucer pollys. ;)
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    Now you're onto something, that looks better proportioned, awesome.
  • publiusrpubliusr551 Posts: 1,749Member
    Don't change a thing with the lines of the saucer--it is perfection itself, and highly original.