Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMithra Class Offensive Battle Cruiser

AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2010 in Work in Progress #1
The ship that the bridge goes to... I finally got around to redesigning it. I think I've gotten it around to where I'd like it to be, though there are a couple revisions I have yet to make, and a few errors to correct here and there... Enjoy the pics. [Btw, anyone have any idea how to make nice, detailed phasers? These damned things are pissing me off!]

I'll let the pics speak for themselves.
81624.jpg
81625.jpg
81626.jpg
81627.jpg
81628.jpg
Post edited by Aeries on
cool65
Tagged:

• RekkertRekkert4046 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,304Member
    Wow, I must say that this is one of the coolest designs I've ever seen. From the top view it looks really familiar and almost like a sister ship of the Luna, but the way the nacelles and the hull come together is really unique. Looking forward to see how it evolves!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • originalgaijinoriginalgaijin0 Posts: 0Member
    from the side it has almost a whitestar like feel. I like very good work man keep it up
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    That is a cool and unique design. Very nice work. Looking forward to more of her.
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool design,well done mate.
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    that's one really uncommon design, but one i like. looking foreward for updates
  • Toa_KaitaToa_Kaita332 Posts: 0Member
    Looks like a mix between a Luna and an Akira class. Nice work!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I like the general look.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Surelly I like her, but where are the bussards? :D
  • BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    Wow, way cool. I like your design.

Brian
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    I dont find this ship offensive in the least, she's a real chunk of eye candy! Too bad we couldn't see more of the work in progress. Whats next for her?
  • AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
    I wanted to post her up when I had something more to show... Up next are armor plating details and windows. I'm considering designing a new set of nacelles, but I'm really not sure what to do for those yet. The current ones are actually old models that I took off an older revision of the ship as placeholders so I could get an idea for the scale. I'm also wanting to redesign the phaser strips... I hate the strips on her right now; they're butt ugly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I rather like them actually - the added struts hint at armour or weapons around the nacelles, making them look rather like weapons themselves and adding to the battleship feel.
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    Keep the nacelles Aeries, I really like those, old versions or not.
    Keep the actual naceles. They only need the bussards. :D
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    These nacelles look great, bussards don't always have to be big red glowing things, see the 1701A. I vote for keepin' 'em.
    Hehe, thanks for all the praise guys! :] I've tweaked the current nacelles in such a way that I think I'm done with my aesthetic grievances over them now... just a few fixes here and there and I think they'll be good to go.

I've added saucer windows, some hull armor detailing and greebles here and there. :] Lemme know what ya boys think; I'm open to suggestions!

Edit: Since it's been a bit dead tonight, figured I'd toss in a couple more updates! I've done most of the secondary hull windows. they seem a bit large, but that's mainly due to the angle of the hull itself. Believe it or not, the ship herself has been measured out to be 20 decks high in total, if you include the torpedo turret. Otherwise it's about 17/18 decks high, give or take.
    81726.jpg81731.jpg
    Looks superb! GREAT ship!!
    Just make the bussards with a bit less transparency. ;)
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    great work on the nacelles can't wait to see more
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good! I can see the USS George Carlin now, insulting every alien it can... ;)
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    Mikey-B wrote: »
    Looks good! I can see the USS George Carlin now, insulting every alien it can... ;)

Don't think that's what "Offensive Battle Cruiser" means. :P

Looks great, keep the transparency. :D
    "Offensive" meaning it's made for offense rather than defense, as fed ships tend to be tame. :P Silly bois.

Thanks for the compliments guys. It'll take a bit for me to really be happy with the transparencies though... I'm not sure how, but I want it to glow and illuminate the scene at the same time as being transparent... x__x; no matter how close I get it, it just doesn't quite work...
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    You can always split the roles...let one object do the illuminating, but make it invisible to the camera, and the other will handle the transparency.

Very nice work so far! :)
    Melak wrote: »
    You can always split the roles...let one object do the illuminating, but make it invisible to the camera, and the other will handle the transparency.

Oh... dude... I didn't even think of that! Thanks! :D
    And I've done it! :D Bussards are nearing completion! :3
    81750.jpg
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    She is coming along... Nice work!
  • larundellarundel171 Posts: 0Member
    WOW...this has to be one of the collest designs i have seen in awhile, really loveing the look and the flow of the lines. Cant wait to see her finished. Keep up the great work.
  • RekkertRekkert4046 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,304Member
    Cool looking Bussards!:D
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Not seen this thread before, great looking ship.. Aeries
    Thanks for all the praise, everyone! :D
    I've done a bit of work with the deflector dish... I would like to point out that mapping and texturing is my weakest point... to be blunt, I suck hard core, but slowly I guess I'm learning lol. :P

Here's a pic
    81771.jpg
    Beautifull bussards and deflector!
This discussion has been closed.