Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFirst post

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited May 2010 in Work in Progress #1
I've lurked here for a while, but haven't had any 3D software to use for something like years! I used to use 3DSMax heavily while at uni, but since then haven't had any access to it. A few months back I was made aware of Blender, so thought I'd give it a go. This is my first attempt at creating a ship (or any model in fact, not counting the bridge or molecule excersises from the Exploring Blender book).

Anyway, this ship is based on a design from my Max days (very loosely) and is heavily inspired by the Omega class destroyer from B5 (big shock, I know!) and is intended to have a similar tech level.

So far have only started the fore section, and have a rough outline in my head of everything behind it, however I'm concentrating on detailing the front, though I'm stuck now!
Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

• JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    Holy crap! Thats some serious detail... it's easy to get bogged down. I look at modeling like a drawing, you start out loose and general and tighten up the details as you go. What a great shape, that hull is very cool, cant wait to see more!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Thanks :-) Yeah, I tend to start out thinking I'm gonna rough out an area, and end up spending an hour adding and playing with a small bit of detail. BUT I only have to do the very front to look "busy", the sides are going to be relatively simple. NOT looking forward to detailing the engine section though, if I even get that far!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    OK, I've taken JWWright's comment to heart, and decided to rough out a little more of the layout of the front before I get bogged down. Not sure how much I like this so far, but figured I'd throw it out there!
  • DimitriyDimitriy0 Posts: 0Member
    Well done. I'll be watching this thread.
  • BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    Looks good so far.

Brian