Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMammoth Tank : Tiberium Wars Saga.

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited June 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Its not much yet but figured thanks to some great advice i had from someone on these boards ive decided to make a little side project. Which is a mammoth tank. from C&C! Heres what i got so far... not much but ill keep you guys updated

Comments & criticism wanted thanks

GDI_MammothTank.jpg

Completed!!! W00t.... Whats everyone think? Im really happy how it turned out!
Post edited by Unknown User on

• Lizzy777Lizzy7771268 PNWPosts: 759Member
    Are you going to do a low-medium poly version or a more detailed model?
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Im pretty new to 3ds. Alot of my models so far have been low poly.... However This once... what ive done is im gonna get the basic shape of it all then work on insane detail.. is that the best way to go about things?
    I would think so. It's how most artistic endeavors work. Be it 2D sketches or 3D models or real life sculpture. Start simple and build up from there.
    Update... :)
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful model Pad, really looked great in show room floor lighting. When i played C&C, those tanks terrified me. And yours shows the deadliness aura well. You ought to try making one of the old Mech Warrior game vehicles. From what I can see, you would do the model proud
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    lookin good. are you gonna make the tank have the regular cannons or the rail guns?
    Phoenix : Good question!!! Ive decided... Ill model the head... With basic cannons then after... Add Rail guns as well as lighting all over the tank...

Update time :)

Comments?
  • star_creationsstar_creations0 Posts: 0Member
    That is amazing work bro....AMAZING...
    That is amazing work bro....AMAZING...
    :) Thanks mate means alot. Anything ud add?
    Update. The two main cannons are done. These are not final . Just getting everything in place for the heavy detail now! Should be fun!

Comments and crit people?!
    Your tank tracks look more like tire tread than segmented pieces of mobility. Are you using a bump map for that? If so I'd suggest building a tread model, then aligning the pieces along a path to wrap around the drive wheels. it'll raise the poly count, but the physical look can be an improvement on your design.
    well, how about some anti-aircraft missile pods on the turret, and a claymore mine strip around the exterior, for infantry disposal?
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Lizzy777 beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing about the tracks. However when you are adding details you might want to make a short list of a few of the features the tank might have, like say Exhaust vents, Access hatches, etc, as well as thinking about the size of the plates which are bolted together to build her.

Other than that I'd like to say great idea for a project, and you're off to a very good start.
    Pagrin wrote: »
    Lizzy777 beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing about the tracks. However when you are adding details you might want to make a short list of a few of the features the tank might have, like say Exhaust vents, Access hatches, etc, as well as thinking about the size of the plates which are bolted together to build her.

Other than that I'd like to say great idea for a project, and you're off to a very good start.

Uhh... This is disheartening!! It is a tread model with a path deform. I guess i wanted it to be a smooth edge rather than stand out too much. Maybe this is not the way to go about it? Ill get cracking on some better treads. What i want to do is make treads which are unique to the mammoth and not just off any old panzer. But tips taken about all the details. So far its just the basic model so i got plenty of room for details :) The armour plates v. good idea!

Fred'ni : Sounds good! not sure what a claymore strip looks like but the anti aircraft missiles will defo be there :)

Lizzy77 : Ahh poly count is low at the moment i got room to add lots! Thanks!
  • Dayton KitchensDayton Kitchens0 Posts: 0Member
    I like it a lot. The newer take on the treads is interesting.

Throw in a few secondary weapons and some texturing and it should be good to go.
    Dayton : Thanks mate means alot! Will work on the guns, Not sure how to go about texturing it though hah!

Some more updates been working on the rail guns alot more.

preview6.jpg
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    no offense or anything, but those don't really look like the rail guns from the mammoth tank. here's a pic from the game (it's the first one, top left corner) http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Mammoth_Mk._III#Gallery
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Hey, nice to see the Mammoth stomping around again.
    The claymore strip was a reference to a very large artillery piece in one of John Ringo's books. Since it lacked mounted machine guns, several strips of anti-personnel charges were put around its perimeter, for use against attacking infantry. For the barrels, I bet instead of cylindrical, an octogonal barrel would appear to be more "Rail Gun "looking, lol.
    Bah, I like your look anyway. Always can claim it was a early model, lolols
    27625149.jpg

So far this is the image ive been working off. Been following it step by step, and improving bits or jazzing them up a little where i see fit. Sorry i think theres been a misunderstanding, i havent attempted the rail guns yet. What im gonna do is im going to do the basic guns. Wth the tank, then at end, Replace them with rail guns for a rail gun version as well!

Fred'ni id love to add something like that, You got any reference images ?

none taken phoenix nice to know someones looking though :)

ill work on the guns a little more today see what i end up with
    Little update. Inner hull plating, and Hatch done :)
    :thumb:
    Gave this Mammoth a bit more armour covering the wheels. Now working on hull plating. & Side skirts.
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good. The tracks look better in this pic as well.
    update! Front armour done.
    I love to know what are the texturing levels you used for the last shot, it looks very real.
    I love to know what are the texturing levels you used for the last shot, it looks very real.

I would love to tell you if you tell me how to find out. Ive just been using the basic grey texture to boot., with various specular levels, and different shades of grey... The lighting was a skylight with a yellow ambient to it. And it turned out like this!
    Update ^^
    this has to be the best tank I have ever see, AWESOME JOB, and I completely forgot the skylight, thanks...
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice progress! I really liked the lighting in the previous render, the warm brownish colors gave it a very..tank like feeling :)

Out of curiosity, where are you from?