Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNew original SciFi WIP

JBJHJMJBJHJM0 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Hey guys!
Here's my new project. I'm workin on a array of ships, interiors, locations and sketches for a new game (based on the Unreal Engine).

The game is divided into three main parts (don't want to tell anything bout the story now), the first one will play on Earth around 2150, part two and three will take the player away from Earth into deep space.

Most things and locations are currently only existing in my thoughts, but in some days I'll begin creating dozens of 2D sketches (when I obtained my new Wacom tablet)

For now I'll just show some first renders of a cruiser. She's about 260m long, and she will be the player's headquarter for the second half of the second part and for the third part of the game.

cruiser3.jpg
cruiser2.jpg
cruiser1.jpg

Also I began to work out the basic interior, first the main reactor... the laser/energy induction into the reactor is already animated, maybe I'll show it later!
81251.jpg
Post edited by JBJHJM on
Tagged:

• unusualsuspexunusualsuspex331 Norfolk UKPosts: 0Member
    :thumb:Nice looking work on that reactor JBJHJM!
  • alfludalflud0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah - that reactor looks wicked. Those light-beams firing in towards the center - do they rotate/fire in sequence? That would be cool.
  • JBJHJMJBJHJM0 Posts: 0Member
    alflud wrote: »
    Yeah - that reactor looks wicked. Those light-beams firing in towards the center - do they rotate/fire in sequence? That would be cool.

it IS cool :D !!! Yes they rotate - the lower and the higher ones rotate contraclockwise, the middle one clockwise. It looks great, I really have to load it up!

Some days ago I watched a video about a experimental fusion reactor which is currently built in the USA. They fire very strong lasers onto a probe to heat it to 15 million degree Celsius so that a fusion can happen ;)
    I don't want this to be a "ordinary" fusion reactor but the design of current fusion reactor experiments are highly impressive!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]331 Posts: 0
    The reactor looks excellent the ship looks a bit boxy but the details could really flesh it out so I'll withhold judgement until you're done looks cool.
    ok here are some new ones!!

First of all here's a shot of the cruiser's computer core.
    cruisercomputercore1.jpg

Next these are some (sketched) enemy units in the first part of the game.
    tnmlc.jpg
    Wyxhf.jpg
    sV1y9.jpg

But in the real game they will be invisible. You and humans will only be able to see them using special sensor systems - then they will look like this:
    q2uHn.jpg

This is the player's main aircraft in the first part - with a lot of hidden weapons :devil:
    rTMmW.jpg

Will be added later
    Since Monday I also use my new Intuos graphic tablet. So here are some very fast sketches of...

...a alien (2nd part)
    1fz10.png

...the last populated human city on earth (1st part)
    9dstq.png

...a ugly level scene (1st part)
    s0IUN.png

Yes maybe I should post them in the 2D WIP forum but as they relate to the same subject and as they are sketches for 3D models/levels I think it's ok to post them here.
    Currently I spend most time workin on my new homepage, but here're two new shots of the cruiser!
    yklLo.jpg
    jpvVA.jpg
  • experiment442experiment4420 Posts: 0Member
    brilliant! :)

btw, you inspired me to do the inside of a ship ;)
    brilliant! :)

btw, you inspired me to do the inside of a ship ;)

Thanks! And of course that ship will have a detailed interior as it will be used in a game (already workin on the interior will show it soon!)
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    At first I was skeptical, it was looking very blocky...but now with all the smoothed corners, just awesome!
    Looking forward to more, especially in the interiors :)
    thx!

Now if someone's already interested to join the design/modeling team, has some nice ideas or something - please pm me!
    The 2nd part of the game will include a bunch of different alien races and ship designs, while the first part is only between alien robots and humans.
    The game will use the Unreal Engine.
    Also currently I'm detailing the (currently german) story but it's planned to use english in the game.
    Official recruitment will start later ;)
  • AardwolfAardwolf171 Posts: 82Member
    So how come these insectoid robots are invisible?
    Aardwolf wrote: »
    So how come these insectoid robots are invisible?

ok to explain that I have to tell just a bit of the story...
    Using superior technology at first the (alien) robots will massively ambush humans while being invisible for them.
    Supported by advanced sensors humans are able to localize them after some hours. Shortly after that the robots disable their concealment so that they can use all their power for weapons and movement (also at that time it seems like they already won that dissimilar war as there ain't much humans left...) and additionally it'd be a graphical loss to only show them as green lights...

Now here are some new renders!
    Added some details to the smaller mech
    PGMPQ.jpg

And I began to work out the interior design - control deck, command room
    Xskbl.jpg

In the middle of the room theres a gigantic holographic projector, as default it shows the galaxy with the position of important planets, space stations and the player's ship, but it's also used for graphical communication, visualisation of objects, to display ship data etc.
    In the background you can see the main corridor - first the navigation room, and behind that the defensive weapon control room. After that there'd be the cockpit but in that render it isn't visible.

@Aardwolf: I really like your "Mantisidae" alien!!!! I'm thinking of including a alien race inspired of it in the game!
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Ohh nice! A tiny bit Mass-Effect-y but I suppose anything with a floating galaxy map like that is bound to remind of that.

Looking forward to further images and correspondence :)
    Melak wrote: »
    Ohh nice! A tiny bit Mass-Effect-y but I suppose anything with a floating galaxy map like that is bound to remind of that.

Looking forward to further images and correspondence :)

That's not only what you think... I love ME (Edit: not me but Mass Effect!!! :D ) too ;)
    But hell I think it should be possible to create a spaceship with a galaxy map in it without thinking "this must be from mass effect" :P
    The Normandy is just built as logical as I would have done it. One deck for ship controls, one for the crew, one for support&utility.
    All main controls grouped together on one deck is quite logical I think...

And all the time I try not to do it like it was done in ME but soon after that I realize that it is exactly right how it was done in ME. So I think its better to make it a bit like ME than to screw it up. A big holographic projector in a future spaceship is just cool and helpful ;)
  • DornraxDornrax332 Posts: 38Member
    Hi JBJHJM,

Apologies to disturb you seeing that you have started on a new thread & concentration. Just to re-post this message on your new thread as not sure if you go back to read the old one: Old WIP Star Wars - AD Ferocious

Quote Originally Posted by JBJHJM View Post
    well it looks like some typo...

@dornrax: unfortunally, there's not too much I can offer you. I'm very pleased you wanna include the Ferocious in your size comparision, but I never done the bottom side of her. And I ain't sure if I'll ever do. With 30 million polygons, cinema 4d had some big problems rendering it (wasn't possible in one piece :P) and its damn hard work. Dont know how Fractal can do it that fast. However I'll upload the fullsize img to my server so that you can download it.

maybe I can also render a top&back&front view. But thats all I can do without spending some more 100 hours on it. Personally, I moved to a new project half a year ago.
    JBJHJM,

My reply then to you:
    "Thank you and Happy New Year! Its ok about the underside of the ship & the full size image cos managed to download it finally on Rapidshare.

As for the top, back & front view, that would be very helpful."

If its not too much trouble, really hope you could provide the TOP, BACK & FRONT views of the AD Ferocious. But if so, fully understand and will make do with what you have already posted before.
    Thank you & await your invaluable reply.
    Cheers!
    Dornrax
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    yeah great work but i do think the control room and the reactor room both scream normandy just a little to loudly