Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D26th Century Designs

Phoenix_56Phoenix_56331 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2010 in Work in Progress #1
entie2.jpg

entie.jpg
81093.jpg
81094.jpg
81095.jpg
Post edited by Phoenix_56 on
Tagged:

• StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Looks like the Ent-G with a touch from Atolm in the secondary hull. Not a bad concept, but the low polly version ruins the model. I would take off the gap between the saucer and the sec hull, and try a higher polly version. ;)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    nice, I actually like it.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    coolness. but i prefer backgrounds to be starfields that are interesting or planets. nebulae remind me too much of Insurrection, lol
  • Phoenix_56Phoenix_56331 Posts: 0Member
    SOme Concepting

wire.jpg

entj1.jpg

entj.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Hm.. Interesting take, on the E-J concept.
    thnx guys, i'm just working on better UV's then I'm gonna put on the final texture and import it into a few games.
    Infact if anybody is familiar with startrek: Bridge commander and Armada I would love to discus importing the model into the game. I thought about giving it a loadout similiar to an Ori Warship, except with an omni-directional main beam weapon.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Phoenix_56 wrote: »
    Infact if anybody is familiar with startrek: Bridge commander and Armada I would love to discus importing the model into the game. I thought about giving it a loadout similiar to an Ori Warship, except with an omni-directional main beam weapon.

IA’m not familiar with the import, but IA’m familiar with Bridge Commander. :D I believe that here http://www.bc-central.com/forums/ youA’ll find the help youA’re looking for. ;)
    Phoenix_56 wrote: »
    thnx guys, i'm just working on better UV's then I'm gonna put on the final texture and import it into a few games.
    No thankz needed, your work is very good and that's a fact. :lol:

Just one thing...

You do know that the E-J is 2 miles long and the saucer is 30 decks deep (canonicly speaking of course), don'tcha?
    The strong lights work, it looks less like an overly spindly version of the "normal" 22nd-24th century Enterprises and more alien, like something from Close Encounters, something you might not immediately think was of human construction.
  • thth0 Posts: 0Member
    Great idea and very creative ,can't wait to see how this develops.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Very nice work... I was wondering when someone would start to do variant designs from the 1701-J era.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Craig nailed it with his comment. I always have trouble trying to invent novel ways of combining primary and secondary hulls. For another design, you might want to combine the back two thirds of your design with the front end of the Congo:
    http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2009/04/05/congo-class/

There the lower sensor is unobscured. Tie those two designs together and you will have a sweeping design that will blow everybodies socks off.

The toy version.
    http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2009/11/08/leggo-j/
    Thanks for the input guys!

cheers
    USS Enterprise - J
    Celestial Class
    2300 meters Long
    Crew Compliment: 250 000

Armament:
    Chronotron Emitter (Full Coverage) x 1
    Chronotron Pulse and Beam Emitters (Fore and Aft only) x 16
    Nebuleic Torpedo (Fore and Aft only) x 4
    Ambient Subspace Distortion Field (Full Coverage/Short Range)

Defence:
    Primary and Secondary recursive shielding
    Inter-phasic Structural Integrity Field
    High Density Quark bonded armour

Locomotion:
    Warp Drive
    Coaxial Transwarp Induction

Additional:
    Separation Sequence

The Enterprise-J was lost in a conflict against the sphere builders in the early 26th century. The vessel was not lost however it was transported back in time to the late 24th century during a climactic battle with the sphere builders in that century.

Armed with Omni-directional weapons and the ability to generate powerful tachyon nebulas, the enterprise was essential to the federations victory against the sphere builders.

At 2300 meters is easily one of the largest man-made creations ever conceived. Up to 250 000 call the vessel home at any given time and it is one of only 6 vessels ever constructed to travel to other galaxies.

The large windows on the top and bottom of the saucer are in-fact the transparent roofs of the vessels massive common areas. The windows provide a large scenic view of space while mimicking the feeling of open sky back on earth. The vessels interiors are vastly different through its various sections. The primary hull houses many cavernous common areas with massive windowed roofs and park like vegetation. The secondary hull however is comprised of well protected corridors and large cargo bays. Other notable features include the massive primary shuttle bay located on the aft-underbelly of the ship that stretches some twenty decks tall. The transwarp core stretches through most of the aft secondary hull and cannot be fully glimpsed from any viewpoint on the ship as it extends some 500 meters diagonally up to the warp pylons.

No Celestial class vessel is built the same and the design has many variations and sizes, the largest being the Excelsior and the smallest being the Excalibur.

Travel between galaxies is long and dangerous usually expending the sum total of a star ships fuel reserves comprising of many different elements. This causes many difficulties for captains aboard the vessels as they are forced to strip entire systems with their powerful Chronotron beams and tractor emitters potentially damaging unknown ecosystems.

One such Celestial class star ships even expierienced a series of incidents involving mutinous groups forming among the vessel due to class struggle amongst the commanding personnel aboard the primary saucer section and the engineering and security offers usually housed in the secondary hull.

Personnel comprise of many different species and several forms of non organic and artificial life.
    81807.jpg
    Pray, continue! I would love to see more ships with modifications.
    From looking at the Drex Files, it is the 'Universe' Class. Well go read them...

Nice job though.
    I like your secondary hull though. Any plans on having the saucer farther forward, with the sharp prow beneath a curved Congo like structure? I think that might give it a great profile. As it is, Enterprise J is really just a giant Loknar. You continue the sweep of the pylons into the secondary hull, which adds to its futuristic look.
    I have some variants of the class in progress.
    82708.jpg82709.jpg
    I was thinking a cross between your design and the Congo--with your original secondary hull underneath the smaller half disk, flying behind his Congo. The small variation above looks a bit like Aridas Sofia's Apollo class from www.federationreference.com (Based on Proberts early Ent-D drawings)
    Here is what I was talking about with regard to the Apollo: Over at www.federationreference.com , folks are trying to bring the earlier -D art to life:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n167/aridas_sofia/trek/JetsonsEnterprise.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n167/aridas_sofia/trek/apollo.jpg
    NEw Orthographic Images of the Flagship Design.
    Still needs new textures but the profile is worth taking a look at.
    83613.jpg
    Very interesting - in the top view it's clearly a Starfleet vessel but the side view really shows the trailing points and the rather organic look of it, like it's half-Enterprise half-dragon. A viewer would take a look at it and be able to tell it was connected to Starfleet but nothing "normal".
    That is the best starship profile I have seen yet. I love the layered approach. Are you going to make other versions?
  • WaltWalt331 Posts: 0Member
    I, truly loved the Orthographic Images of this starship and would be nice to see a Orthographic Image of your last design in 07-02-2010. Your starship designs are beautiful and organic. It was mentioned that no Celestial class vessel is built the same and the design has many variations and sizes. It would be great to see the different designs and a crossover design between your Celestial class design and the NCC-1701-J Enterprise by Doug Drexler. I hope you are going to make other versions and Orthographic profiles of your ships they are truly beautiful to look at and I would love to see more designs and profiles of starships from the 26th Century.

:thumb:
  • WileyCoyoteWileyCoyote0 Posts: 0Member
    I think you are using my saucer texture from my Enterprise-J mod for Star Trek Bridge Commander.
    WC: Sadly though my WIP was was completely box modelled I Had no time to make finished textures.
    I would love to finish the textures and port it into BC and Armada but lately my work has been keeping me busy so i'll have to post something new next time.

Good work too WC.
    I look forward to seeing more--esp. a cross between these ships and the Congo
    Thanks 'publiusr' !
    On that note, I was digging threw some of my stuff and i think I have five six or more worthy models along the same design style.
    If i could get my ship into a game i would try to get the rest into the package.

Bridge commander rules!