Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DRefuge & Warmth

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited May 2010 in Finished Work #1
My second model of a Transport ship. This is mainly for civilians and refugees which will be used in a later project. Its a similar design to my previous but with a lot more life modules. comments & Criticism?

Thanks in advance

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1904/refuge.jpg

( PREVIEW ANIMATION )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Uds80_TlE
Post edited by Unknown User on

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Updated with Preview Animation. Managed to get some engines on the transport as well as some lighting.

Any tips and advice gladly welcome.
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    The still photo looks great, but the video is way too dark for me to see anything. It may be my own monitor settings, but to me it looked extremely dark.
    Thanks Bckaroo.. uhhh the movie shouldnt be that dark... Theres not much to a background.... It was just a simple test for the engine glow... is it really that dark?
    Yeah, but like I said it may just be my monitor settings. I'll play around with them a bit then take another look. Of course, Youtube's compression system also does a fair job of muddying things up. None of the videos I've posted there look nearly as good as my originals.
    Ill get cracking on a brighter version for my next video i was just playing around with engine glows!! thanks for the advice :)
    I fiddled with the brightness and contrast on my monitor and took another look at your video. It was much easier to see this time. I recently had to do a complete reinstall of my OS and I think my monitor settings got reset somehow. In any case, I could see the ship much better than before. Just by way of a little tip, though: I always bump up the contrast on any video I'm planning to upload onto YouTube because, like I said before, their compression settings can make good work look really bad.
    I fiddled with the brightness and contrast on my monitor and took another look at your video. It was much easier to see this time. I recently had to do a complete reinstall of my OS and I think my monitor settings got reset somehow. In any case, I could see the ship much better than before. Just by way of a little tip, though: I always bump up the contrast on any video I'm planning to upload onto YouTube because, like I said before, their compression settings can make good work look really bad.

I have been experimenting with this, and your absolutely right!!! Something i have to remember for future videos! Thanks buckaroo