Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DHeya, Remember me?

ReapermanReaperman331 Posts: 0Member
edited April 2010 in Finished Work #1
been a while folks (2 years, 8 Months 16 days) since i last posted a render here, but i did this for the release of Bob's Enterprise-Refit over on f3d so figured i may as well post it here for ya'll to enjoy aswell,

'Wake me When you Need me' - (See, it even comes with a soundtrack)

So the Inspiration for this was the Turner paining The Fighting Temeraire my fav painting, and i really wanted to show the Enterprise in that kind a light, a proud noble warship being towed to the reserve fleet, and the music kinda sealed the deal with that sad melancholy

so anyway thats Me Picture choice of 2 res's One Nija (4k) one not so (2k), never know, might get hit by inspiration again at somepoint, but until then ttfn

Andy
80716.jpg
80717.jpg
Post edited by Reaperman on

• StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    Heh Star Fleet AMARG very clever. Very nice image as well.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Hey Reaperman, I find the colours quite pleasing and the subject pretty interesting. A whole armada of ships put out to pasture in some far off nook.:thumb:
  • killakanzkillakanz176 Posts: 112Member
    cavebear wrote: »
    A whole armada of ships put out to pasture in some far off nook.:thumb:

I doubt they sit around in rocking drydocks watching Countdown for their remaining years.

Always how I thought an early TMP era Federation breakers yard would look, though it could use some barges hauling away hunks of hull plating.

Nice job, love the background colours too!
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    I like the arrangement of ships and stations, but the background is simply awesome!

Seems the board compressed the images, the first is 2500 wide and the second 2077 - any chance you could upload the 4k one somewhere else and link back to it? I would love to have this spanning across both screens! :)
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1192 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,633Member
    This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I set it as my new desktop... I love the colors and composition!
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic473 Posts: 663Member
    Wow. Great image. Nice job.
  • Capt. Eric GardnerCapt. Eric Gardner339 Posts: 109Member
    What does AMARG mean?
  • lennier1lennier1918 Posts: 1,286Member
    What does AMARG mean?
    According to a quick Google search and first result:
    Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group
  • ReapermanReaperman331 Posts: 0Member
    Thaks all, glad ya like it

you can find the Full Ninja 4k version here

was going for more of a naval reserve fleet feel, like suisun bay in SF, but yeh i can see the whole Boneyard analogy working too, i cant imagine they'd just throw these ships away, they'd stick em in holding docks, its not like theres much corrosion in space after-all heh, iirc we kinda saw one once in TNG, but been a longtime since i watched any TNG heh
  • killakanzkillakanz176 Posts: 112Member
    Reaperman wrote: »
    was going for more of a naval reserve fleet feel, like suisun bay in SF, but yeh i can see the whole Boneyard analogy working too, i cant imagine they'd just throw these ships away, they'd stick em in holding docks, its not like theres much corrosion in space after-all heh, iirc we kinda saw one once in TNG, but been a longtime since i watched any TNG heh

I've always found it hard to believe that they'd just stick them in a reserve fleetyard indefinately. The more obsolete designs wouldn't be all that useful if called up on emergencies like the Dominion War. They'd do far more good broken up and recycled into new designs.
    That wouldn't happen to the Enterprise though, it's quite well known in Trek lore that Federation Flagships are destined for the fleet museums.
  • StarshipStarship476 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,985Member
    For sure I remember you friend. ;)
    That image is perfect, and IA’m using it as the new background for my pc. Dammed cool!
    About the mesh, Bob deserves much more than a "thank you" from us, as I said over F3D. The same goes to Jason, who helped in the end with the setup. ;)
  • Mister KMister K171 Posts: 0Member
    wow! wonderful image! :D
  • KazukiFennecKazukiFennec0 Posts: 0Member
    Absolutely gorgeous, but I do have a question. What are the classes of the ships pictured? I recognize the Detroyat, Oberth, and the original and refit Constitution class ships, and I think I see a Hermes way in the back, but I'm definitely not recognizing some of them.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Reaperman wrote: »
    Thaks all, glad ya like it
    you can find the Full Ninja 4k version here

Thanks! So hard to find good wallpapers that are large enough :)
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    killakanz wrote: »
    That wouldn't happen to the Enterprise though, it's quite well known in Trek lore that Federation Flagships are destined for the fleet museums.

Was the Enterprise A,B or C flagships of the fleet?
  • DarknessDarkness333 Posts: 43Member
    Who exactly are you again?

:D

Love the colors, always liked good, strong colors. I guess there is more to come then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Niiiiiice.

I am interested in the ship pulling the Constitution class - any more pictures of her?
  • ReapermanReaperman331 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks all once again :)

All the ships in the image are from foundation3d.com iirc
    the 'Tug' is this mesh http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=307&p13_fileid=554 but JasonT did a few texture tweeks to bring it upto snuff

sorry Darkness, i wouldnt count on it, but ya never know, i might consider requests, i rendered this as a promise to Bob more than anything else heh, i still have a itch to do another image with IRML's E-D sometime so ya never know ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Thank you.
  • Kyle_K_skiKyle_K_ski0 Posts: 0Member
    A tasteful, even poetic image.

Thank you.