Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DTOS Shuttle Mk I - Schematics

137th Gebirg137th Gebirg332 Posts: 0Member
edited April 2010 in Finished Work #1
Yes, we now have one more TOS Schematic in the collection - the long-awaited Mk I Shuttle, seen in both old and new series. Always liked this design but it was more detailed than I anticipated, particularly around the engine area. Enjoy!
80593.jpg
Post edited by 137th Gebirg on

• Mister KMister K171 Posts: 0Member
    very, very good work! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Yep indeeed good work - what is next?

Gunstar?

Colonial movers ship?

Or something else?
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    This isn't an original series Star Trek; I've been jipped!

Excellent 2D Galactica shuttle. :)

I just realized this also makes an awesome guide for a 3D model.
  • Halo BuffHalo Buff331 Posts: 0Member
    ha, I read TOS as Star Trek: The original series, not Galactica. Oh well - great looking ship at any rate.
  • 137th Gebirg137th Gebirg332 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks much all!

Sorry, Major Diarrhia and Halo Buff - I forgot to distinguish which "TOS" I was referring to. :)

Re: future projects, it looks like I might be getting moved to a new business unit within my company, which will severely impact the time spent on schematics, due largely to the possible longer commute that I will have to endure. I have a few small personal projects coming up that I have been asked to work on. Beyond that, I'll probably be working on the Probert "Triangle Ship" from the RTF, LandRam and a redeux of my personal Pulsar-class Gunstar. There may be a spiff-up of my BaseStar and a few other RTF ships as well. I'll try to throw the TOS Raider in there at some point, but it will likely be lower priority as there is quite a lot of reference material out there already for that one and I've been concentrating on the more obscure stuff out there. I'll keep you all posted as things progress.
  • publiusrpubliusr555 Posts: 1,755Member
    You might have another version of this TOS BSG shuttle, since the set piece had the engine units smaller and lower down to the deck, thought you might chalk that up as an artifact of the miniature not matching the design of the partial mock-up.
  • bagera4000bagera4000251 Posts: 1,516Member
    nice was also used on season 1 buck rogers 25th
  • blackmambablackmamba0 Posts: 0Member
    thats some cool work man, great job
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Thank you very much for the fine work you have done so far.
  • joelcannjoelcann0 Posts: 0Member
    very nice work...like what you are doing.
  • mtblilliemtblillie171 Posts: 0Member
    Yes it is very good. If I remember right, this shuttle was used in the opening shots of the re-imagined BSG, I think it was the ship that brought the Colonial onvoy to the armistace station, and you can see it getting blown up with the station.
  • 137th Gebirg137th Gebirg332 Posts: 0Member
    Yep! It also made occasional appearances throughout the full series run flying between ships in the RTF, always in the distant background. I really wish they made orthos of that model. Would have made my job building this thing a lot easier. Thanks much!
  • RonPadaRonPada0 Posts: 0Member
    Most of the shuttles seen flying in between the RTF ships are the newer MkII models. Occasionally you see a MKI shuttle. Which would be good since I believe most of the MKIIs would be subject to the CNP virus while the older models would not be. And of course it would have been nice to see both models sitting next to each other in a hanger scene.
  • mtblilliemtblillie171 Posts: 0Member
    RonPada wrote: »
    And of course it would have been nice to see both models sitting next to each other in a hanger scene.

Oh ya that would have been awsome!