Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DDifferent kind of Trek ship

B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2010 in Work in Progress #1
This is the start of something I came up with recently. I just sketched out the basic shapes, and I liked the way it looked, so I started fleshing it out a bit.

It's far from finished yet, and of course it's missing all the regular details, but I wanted to put this out for comments. If it's not clear, the engineering hull has a sort of wasp-waist in the front view.

I did take a look at a few options (per suggestions on another forum) for a spherical primary hull. I admit, they look nice, although I do prefer my original saucer (on bottom). What do you guys think?
80479.jpg
80480.jpg
Post edited by B.J. on
Tagged:

• GalenGalen0 Posts: 0Member
    Very interesting concept. Very new and original way of design dude!
  • bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good BJ, I like the saucer one too. Its good to see you back at work BTW!
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    How dare you do something different, this is trek! :p

Out of the options, I like the original saucer best, with the one on top as a 2nd. I really like the way the shuttle bay looks, and the nacelles are pretty, too :)
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Yup it looks good. The spherical hulls look like they could fall off so the original sounds the most ... logical. Looking forward to seeing more :thumb:
  • Kmpr´rakKmpr´rak171 Posts: 12Member
    Uncommon idea so far, but nice! For me it looks like a bird or something, but absolutely positive meant! Go on, cool art! :cool:
  • IronscytheIronscythe0 Posts: 0Member
    I REALLY like this! Maybe once you're done with the 2D, you could work on a mesh? At the very least, I'm sure someone would be willing to pick it up as a project. This is great stuff!
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the comments, guys! I went ahead and built a very rough Sketchup model just to see if there were any glaring problems with the overall configuration. The only things I see is that the nacelles look way too high in the front/aft views, and the neck needs to be wider in the top view. Other than that, the proportions look pretty good to me.
    different-03.jpg
  • dawniedawnie0 Posts: 0Member
    Like it
  • IronscytheIronscythe0 Posts: 0Member
    B.J. wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments, guys! I went ahead and built a very rough Sketchup model just to see if there were any glaring problems with the overall configuration. The only things I see is that the nacelles look way too high in the front/aft views, and the neck needs to be wider in the top view. Other than that, the proportions look pretty good to me.
    different-03.jpg

I agree, the nacelles could be pushed out and down a bit...maybe just down. But HOT DAMN, it's sexy. I'm bookmarking this one.
  • walpurgiswalpurgis181 Posts: 0Member
    It looks kind of Klingon-influenced, like mabe its from an alternate universe where the Klingons join the federation early on.
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    You could thicken the pylons a bit on their leading edges but I wouldn't change the height, the ship looks good.
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    This is really a great design and very different structure wise. I am looking forward how the finished product will look like. The pylons might be a bit to thin but thats about it.
  • Marian87Marian87171 Posts: 0Member
    Hey man, really cool design, so much so that I couldn't stop myself from modeling it.
    82971.jpg82972.jpg
  • MajesticMajestic0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, beautiful design and great model, to me it looks like a early Federation design (22nd century), something that ran alongside the Daedalus.
  • Marian87Marian87171 Posts: 0Member
    Hmm, I think it's a bit too organic when compared tot the Daedalus and the Meteor.
    The nacelles have a resemblance to the new Trek movies, maybe it's one of those prototypes ignored in the prime Universe but accepted in the JJverse leading to the new more organic Enterprise.
    83034.jpg