Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTMP drydock scene

wjasperswjaspers332 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2010 in Finished Work #1
Long time since I posted something,

don't expect any super redo CG, tried to copy the excisting to see how my mesh looks with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJMyy3u0Mvk

Need to try something better than youtube.

Hope you like :)
80460.JPG
80461.JPG
Post edited by wjaspers on

• BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome work. :D
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work, Mr. Jaspers! I especially like the second shot with the close angle on the warp engine.
    The video looks great, too. A damn near perfect recreation of that wondeful scene in TMP. In fact, it may be too perfect. Just like the original FX crew (and the team that did the remastered "Director's Cut"), you left the Earth out of the shot when the Enterprise actually clears the drydock and moves toward us, off camera left. I'm always hoping that somebody, someday will remember to add the curve of the Earth in that shot, but no one ever has. Alas, I guess it is not to be. That doesn't detract from the video, though. It looks amazing.
  • doubleofivedoubleofive0 Posts: 0Member
    Amazing! Awesome! Astounding! Other things that don't begin with "A"!

Buckaroohawk is right about the missing Earth, I was hoping to see it fixed in your version. Man, I'm helping out with a fan edit of TMP (in the vein of Star Wars Revisited), and we could use something like this. The problem is that if we replaced this, we'd probably have to replace every SFX shot in the movie, which is a bit much....
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    very good, but a little bit inconsistent if you don't mind me saying, like the shot of the top registry lights turning on I could mistake as a rip from the movie, but then the next shot of the deflector right afterwards looks quite CG to me

still very good overall though
  • StarshipStarship476 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,985Member
    Your Ent-A is one of the bests made public. The scene is super-b Willy!
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Very nicely done...
  • Jonny BoyJonny Boy1 Posts: 0Member
    Wonderful work! Its almost too perfect. I'd love to see more.