Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DGeneric fighter with a big gatling cannon

2»

• I.g.(.I.g.(.0 Posts: 0Member
    he could in the star trek way XD. Anyway it's just an idea, maybe he could just make some corrections, as you can see there's nothing behind the pilot cuz I'm not sure what to put there. Advices are always welcome :)
  • StonecoldStonecold331 Posts: 0Member
    "R2, fix the stabiliser!"

Don`t forget, that this design is hardcore anime version, so, conventional physical laws are rarely applied ;) In most anime`s show - hit of the protagonist craft results in unexplained electrical surge inside the cockpit. Pilot can fix the results, if need be. Well, that`s for author to decide any way .
    deh... In my idea of this universe to be hit = 90% death, so if the fighter is hit and the pilot survives it means that the damages aren't that bad...

Updates:
    The usless engines are now fluel tanks with "pipes-union" on the back.
    Added other verniers at the end of the wings and on the "tale" of the fighter.

Ty stonecold for both
    81117.PNG81118.PNG81119.PNG
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    you asked earlier for technical tips. heres one :

when you are modeling, stay in the same level of detail and finish it before going deeper. and when you go down, go only down one step.
    i mean by that do large details before small details. be sure to finish your hull before putting the canopy handle.

concretamente bevel your angles, polish the global shape, add an edge here and there, work the union of the engine with the wing, do the flaps and the larges moving parts of the wing (doesnt have to move, you just have to make understand it can move), do the large things inside the engine exhaust.
    then, you can go down with smaller detailling. then you'll do the vernier nozzles.

it's like drawing. you dont draw the hairs in the noze before having the eyes, ears and mouth done.

keep it on ;)
    Well the hull is quite ok, I have to re-do the bottom of the cockpit, that really needs to be beveled...

what do you mean with "the large things inside te engines" ?
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    i meant that you have one small thing in the middle of a flat plane inside the engine (well, i think its the engine. 2nd image on you last post)

you need to fill that flat zone with something before putting such a small piece right in the middle. something that justifies the little bit.

your engine pods need some beveled angles. the angles are too sharp right now.
    the general shape (the hull) could use some more edges to round it up a little.
    ou you mean that "pipe union" [word found on google translator]. I explain: Before that shape were an engine but, as Stonecold noticed, they're totally meaningless cuz the reals engines of the fighter are the 2 biggers. He suggested me to remove them and to place there some space for fluel but without that shape the fighter design falls down to me so I decided to left them there but to use them, especually the back part, for the docking of the fighter and the re-charging of fluel and all the other things it needs.. so that thing should be the connector for the fluel... I'm going to add a second connector for the oxygen and a third for the docking. In the hangar there will be a robotic arm with the same connectors that will catch the fighter to dock it.

For my hull, a part form the cockpit [that I will re-do as the rest of the fighter] I don't feel the needing of beveled angles, I don't want a round shape, I like it this way.
    Update:
    I've stopped editing cuz I realized that my little program isn't good enought.
    I'm installing blender right now. I think I'll need some time to understand how to use it and to continue my fighter.
    Good to know, blender reads AC3D format and I can import my model :D
  • daibakadaibaka171 Posts: 0Member
    Good luck with Blender I.g.(., its a good program from the little that I've played with it. Bit of a learning curve but nothing too impossible. Looking forward to updates in the future!
    Well as I can see it's totally different from ac3d wich is very simple, basic, but also easy and fast to use and to learn.
    For blender I'll have to study..
    That`s why I stick with sketchup :) 3DS-max is just too much burden for my needs.

Model of this dificulty could be done in SU in about 30-40 minutes from the scratch (the time for concept visualisation isn`t included, of course). This example isn`t here to show the difficulty of the model, but to illustrate the ease of use of SU.
    I've already seen many positive comments about SU and I've already tryed it for a little but at that time I tought my AC3D were better.. now I'm not that sure about it seeing here many and many modelers using SU. I think I'll download also SU.. then I'll need again a rendering software... any advice about it?
    I`m using Kerkythea as Bbzwbbzw suggested. It`s relatively easy to controll, and completely free.

SU2KT exporter could be found in their "downloads" section as well as the renderer itself.
    http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/
    ty, I'm downloading :)