Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Disappearing blueprints in 3D Studio Max

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
Hi,

I've just started playing with 3ds max once more, and I'm encountering a strange problem, whenever I set up blueprints, they disappear as soon as I do well anything. Wether I click somewhere or try to zoom in the blueprint disappears from the rectangle I've created, I've searched the internet for solutions without success afer having played with all kinds of settings such as light and the driver configuration, what seems odd is that I never had this problem before and I'm doing exactly as I used to. I'm working on windows 7 with a trial version of 3ds max 2010. I manage to see the blueprint when I attach the material to the rectangle but as soon as I click anywhere it disappears.

I searched the forums for people having the same problem but I didn't find anything so I hope somebody can help me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

• MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    1) Are you applying the blueprint to a plane?
    2) Did you ramp up the self illumination of the material?
    3) Are you looking at it from the right viewport?
    4) Is the plane well behind whatever new geometry you are creating?
    5) Does the blueprint reappear after you middle-mouse-button-drag around in the viewport?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Thank you for having answered so fast, I had in fact done all these things but I seem to have found the problem, I had created a rectangle, applied an Edit Mesh modifier and UVW Map modifier, It seems deactivating the Real-World Map size option of the UVW Map modifier did the trick. Thanks again for your help.