Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2Dnon canon TNG and beyond Era Starships

FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Having been away from the design front for a while I thought lets make a new start with a new thread based on TNG Era and beyond designs.

This would become a cruiser sized vessel with a large interchangeable module (similar to the Nebula). Will think about more as I progress with the design. Already started working out the sketch but made some changes here and there after showing it to some friends.
NewClass.png
Also thinking about adding some kind MSD with a twist. A color version.
Interior.png
84401.jpg
Post edited by Flanker on

• calamity_sicalamity_si361 Posts: 369Member
    That looks great so far. Would love to see more views of the starship.
  • Bmused55Bmused55177 Posts: 487Member
    Nice work so far. Keep it up :)
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Hmm looks like old stuff to me :p
    Anyway the ship looks really cool, a bit like madeinjapan's trek ships. Looking forward to seeing more !
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Sweet. I love the clunky shuttle in the bottom right, too. The "Bullfrog-Class Hopper".
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Minor update on the Nebula like vessel:
    test2.png

Initially intended as a gunship for the federation it turned out to non trek. Even so here it is:
    gunship.png
    Still have some work to do on this one.
  • IwataIwata1 Posts: 0Member
    ITA’s Max XD XD XD ;)
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Looks quite interesting.
    TestMSD2.png
    Fantastic, I'm eagerly waiting for the completed article and drooling over it :)
  • RekkertRekkert4106 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,311Member
    Wow, It looks awesome!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    If I were you, I'd ditch the way that shuttle platform sticks out of the hull and just extend it into the curve; gives you more space to store stuff too...
    Small update with a added phaser bank (manual control station, power bank, phaser canon and reserve targetting sensor) and small fuel station and some more technical rooms.
    MSD2shuttlebay.png

Bmused55: thanks it will be a lot of work and will require me to change stuff as I go. After posting this image I am not happy with the rear section mechanics so I will change that later. But I want to finish sickbay first.

Rekkert: thanks this will be a long time project.

BorgMan: I see what you mean but I like it the way it is :) If I 'extended' the hull it will get too chunky. And considering this is a TMP to TNG era I consider this a hull upgrade and I already have made the technical MSD and Profile for it :D
  • lennier1lennier1914 Posts: 1,284Member
    Great progress!

Just gotta admire that love for details.
    I think maybe perhaps, the shuttlepod is a wee bit to big?

IIRC, it's barely taller than a Data or Work.
    Thanks eveyone and you are right Bmused changed it since the smaller shuttle is 2.4 and the other 2.7 meters in height. Also changed the heights of the door and walkways. I think I will take a look at finding some good references for the workpod since it would be nice to add in there.

Small update: the sickbay (probably will do this for any upcoming updates until I have enough rooms to fill the ship)
    Sickbay.png
    Cool stuff :thumb: Gotta love the small details such as the space suit and books on shelf. Keep it up !
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, that's quite amazing work. :) Nice.
    Thanks! I am trying to add as much detail into it as possible.
    Only a minor update this time: the computer core and part of the stellar carthographyComputerCore.png.
    Nice.
    I could add - cool :D The cartography room is such a cool idea I might model a room like that (with holographic maps and other vfx of course) :p
    Sensational to say the least :)
    What app are you using for this? Illustrator or Photoshop?
    Thanks both it certainly is a fun project even though it takes time. I am using photoshopCS2 as my main workplatform I sometimes make a sketch of certain machinery but the drawing will be completely made in photoshop.

Have no updates for the moment though, added a phaser battery and started fleshing out the carthography some more but thats it for the moment. I am planning to add some kind of holograpic projector in the lower room (2 rooms to the left of the main carthography room). Those smaller rooms will be used for input and analysis while the big room is used for stellar research.
    Ok update time:
    1.png
    Nice update that is. :)
    Absolutely awesome!
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice work.
  • peppermanpepperman0 Posts: 0Member
    Superb work to say the least. Was wondering if you are have any non-Federation ships (e.g., Romulans, Remans, etc) in the arsenal?
    Thanks everyone. Haven't got a lot of time due to work and such but I am still working on this. As a update I only can show the bidge being finished though:
    Bridge.jpg
  • dawniedawnie0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work here (pick's jaw from floor)
    Nice bridge although I think it is a bit too "flat" - a recessed or leveled area could be nice (for the captain's chair or the side consoles).