Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Practical10k scale Tantive Replacement master

Odyssey SlipwaysOdyssey Slipways0 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2010 in Work in Progress #1
I was just shown pictures of the master ralph is working on. I know he said he had a few tiny pieces of details to add to it, but I started reading of how i will have to cast the set 4 engines 3 times for the kit :-k ......... I thought OOPS! #-o and waited for the picture to load up to see exactly what he had done.

Now mind you, this one I asked to have it in exact 10K scale. I knew it would be a bit smaller than the other one, but........... well, i'lllet you see.

in this picture you can see the newer master in front and the older master in the rear - man what a difference in size....... hope i don't drop this .........

Blockaderunner01.jpg

Now in this picture you can see and possiblly get an idea as to how Ralph is doing this.

Blockaderunner02.jpg

I am guessing he is making a set of 4 engine tips that i will be casting 3 times per kit.

since he isn't quite finished, i'm not sure what else he was planing to do, but I asked if he could notch along the sides of the enigne cluster to simulate the engine cluster a bit more and possibly put some scribe lines on the top and bottom to simulate the row of 4 eninges.

i think i'll give him a ring, as it might be easier to just put the engines right onto the back of the ship now.
75695.jpg
Post edited by Odyssey Slipways on
Tagged:

• I spoke to Ralph on the phone a bit ago about the engines and well,.... i'll just wait to post te pictures in the next few days when i get them rather than try to explain what we spoke about. there seems to be a bit more work to be done to the new master than i thought there was going to be
  • well the master is almost finished - man am i going to have a job in making sure i don't loose the engines for this...........

Blockaderunner03.jpg
    Blockaderunner04.jpg
    Blockaderunner05.jpg
    Blockaderunner06.jpg

looks like a little bit more detailing and it's ready to go (here to me)
  • TJfoxTJfox0 Posts: 0Member
    Holy crap that is super tiny!!! I'd loose it in a minute. :lol:

Nice though.
  • Odyssey SlipwaysOdyssey Slipways0 Posts: 0Member
    here are some pictues of one ship painted up with red markings. the same person (not me) has 3 more to finish, one will have blue markings, one orange and one green (i'll post those when they are finished too)

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg