Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAn Original Universe Ship and Dropship.

FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
edited August 2010 in Work in Progress #1
The Arcc Dropship, is a large troop/cargo ship designed for short distance travel, normal between a planet and a Mothership.

The ship is broken up into four sections.

('1st The bridge, located at the front of the ship. It has a max space for four crew members.

('2nd Troops, cargo hold area. This area is broken up over three decks. Each area is a large room.

('3rd engine room located on the 3rd deck behind the troop/ cargo hold area. It is only access able form the anger, which is located directly below engine room.

('4th Hanger deck, is located at the back of the ship. This area normal hold a vehicle, wither for troops or a cargo transport. The area can also be used for larger cargo, that will not fit into the hold area.

Down to the model.
The idea for this ship come from an Idea that Backstept had submitted for a project over on SFM. The interior is my own lay out.

I started work on the engine first, as a test. Once I was happy with that I started on the cockpit. I then layout the basic location of where the engines and cockpit would go.
Before moving on to build more of the ship, I thought I would start to build the layout of the interior as this would say trying to fit it in at the end of the building process.

Anyway, the layout for the interior is now all most done. I am not sure if I will put in the landgear or start work on the external of the ship next.

Anyway as always please leave C&C Thanks.
74616.jpg
74617.jpg
74618.jpg
Post edited by Freak on
Tagged:

• SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Cool idea and layout. How many troops/tons of equipment can this thing carry?
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Thanks, I would say she could carry around 20 - 30 troops with kit, maybe more if I change the layout of the seats.

As for how much in wight she could carry, about the same as a C-5 Gobletrotter.
    From a suggestion by Evil Genis 180 over on SFA.
    I have changed the internal layout of the ship.
    I have removed the middle deck and moved the stairs from the middle of the ship to the front.
    This means less seating, but I think I can get more troops into that top level by changing the seating arrangements.

I have also moved the front engine back a little, and did a test on the lower hull.
    I have to say that I am not happy with the way that turned out, so more work to be done there.

Anyway as always please leave C&C Thanks.
    74754.jpg74755.jpg
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    nice start!
    Thanks
    I have resized the front engines so that they are now 50% bigger. I think that should be big enough to get the ship of the ground.

Started on the outer hull. This is my fifth attempt at it, still not completely happy with it.
    It should have more of a curve to it, but If I do that it just starts to get to be to big. So this one is more of a compromise.

I need to add an airlock, I was thinking of putting the airlock on top of the ship.

Anyway as Always please leave C&C Thanks.
    74842.jpg
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Coming along really nicely there mate:thumb:
    Thaks Rob.

Okay as I have not shown a shot of the back of the ship here it is.
    (There not much there at the moment, but that will change.)

I have added an entrance to the front of the ship, this gives access to the lower deck and the main stair well to the rest of the ship.
    I have also added a new room behind the engine room, which is the airlock room. I have rendered out two picA’s. one without the outer hull and one with .

Final Ozylot sent me the concept meshes he Designed & built Lee of the Arcc. (details will be added later.) There are two render one of the ARCC on it own and one with the dropship, to show scale. (This could change, but how I currently have it seems to be the best size for the dropship to fit into.)

Anyway as always please leave C&C Thanks
    74956.png74957.png74958.png74959.png74960.png
    Been doing a lot of work on the side panels, and I am still not happy with them. This mainly down to the front section. I might go back and redo this.

I have also started on the thrusters. I have come up with two designs but not sure which to go with. Which one do you guys prefer?

(First pic is the current side panels. Second Pic where the ship currently stand and the last pic is the two different thruster.)

As always please leave C&C Thanks
    75686.png75687.png75688.png
  • Badi_DeaBadi_Dea0 Posts: 0Member
    Its cool to see an interior modeled instead of only exteriors all the time :thumb:

One thing is kinda bugging me though... You show interior space that is made pretty much of rectangles, but the outside is rounded. Seems like a lot of wasted space from an engineering perspective.
    I would suggest starting with the basic shape of the outside, chopping it up, and hollowing it out. It will make things a bit more complicated, and of course you would have to start from scratch, but I think the results might be worth it. :)

Good luck with it, looks like a fun project :thumb:
    Thanks.

The space is not wasted, in those areas will be the fuel tanks life surport and other systems like the ship computer core, part of the power plant and landing gear.

But I think I will do something simular on the next build.
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Oh, That is a nice looking craft. I like the bulkiness. I'm entirely a fan of the area where the cockpit goes over into the main body, seems just a bit too blunt and blocky.
    Thanks mate.

Okay panelled the upper hull, not sure if I will add the bolts like I did with the cockpit and the engines. (They increase the render time and make my laptop slow, but I could always do it at the end of the build.)

I have built a sensor for the front of the ship, and put in the thrusters.
    They have been cut into the upper hull. (next time I will do that after I have panelled.)
    I still need to add the to the bottom of the ship.

Anyway as I always please leave C&C Thanks
    75954.png75955.png75956.png
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    nice greebles
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    I concur! :D
    Thanks Guys.
  • salsasalsa171 Posts: 0Member
    that is looking really good
    Thanks
    Time for an update!

I started this ship back November last year and stopped around Christmas time.
    I got stuck on it and did not really know what to do with it.
    Anyway after digging though my unfinished models, I found it and start reworking on it again.

NEW WORK DONE

Panelled under the ship and area where engines go.
    Cut out landing gear boxes.
    Added landing gear hatches.
    Add rear doors and ramp.

WORK LEFT TO DO

Rebuild the landing gear feet.
    Rebuild rear door ramp. (Currently does not fold in properly.)
    Add details to rear and side of the ship.
    Texture ship. (I hate that part!!)

As you can see it mostly done just a few odds and ends left to do.
    I also got another Dropship that I started but did not finished; however that looks more like a large passenger shuttle. I may finish that one off after this.
    82961.jpg82962.jpg82963.jpg82964.jpg82965.jpg
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    It's really good to see you back at this, the ship is looking great:thumb:
    Thanks Rob it good to be back at it.
    Did some more work on the dropship this week, this is where I am on my list of things to do

Work Left to do
    Textuers

That's right I am now ready to start to textuer.
    83071.png83072.png83073.png83074.png
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Pretty neat little ship. When I think of cargo ship I usually think of Serenity lol.
    So do the boxes go in the ship, or do they attach to the outside of the ship?
    The only thing about attaching to the outside of the ship is that someone could blow off the containers and steal them lol.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    Boxes? you must be talking about my other thread?
    This is a dropship it manily used for taking troops from the mothership down to a planet. it has room for the troops and a APC.

I used the dropship in the other thread to show the size of the containers.