Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Need help with clean geometry

lezenkolezenko0 Posts: 0Member
Hi guys, im relativly new to max so ill start by saying that this project may be a little hard for me but im determined to get it done. Basiccly im modelling my first head. But I have 2 problems.

1) Is on the right hand side of the image (your right :) ) there are darklines along the top of the eye lid/brow area.. now Im pretty certain how to fix it by moving the vertexs'. But if im wrong can you please tell me how to fix it.

2) This one is the real kicker. Whenever i add symmetry or a mirror the same effect happens on the otherside of the face. I know the mesh isnt of highest standards but whats the reason for this and how do i fix it?

asdfasdfml.th.jpg

Regards, Luke.
Post edited by lezenko on

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Kinda hard for me to understand what your issue is without seeing wires or different angles, but I thought I'd add some generic advice with starting a face, since you say you are new. Think of it the same as drawing a head. Work your large forms and get the overall proportions right before you move on to doing detail work. Keep it relatively low poly and simple to start off with. It also helps a lot to use a drawing or photo behind to model off of. Good luck.
  • BrickheadBrickhead176 Posts: 0Member
    Yes, good advice Devoid.
    Post a wire of the model.