Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBory WIPs

borybory0 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Hi all, i decided put in here some results of my plaing with Blender. I hope at least a few people will like it.

This time im working on rocket frigate(i havenA’t name for it yet) and i hope it will be first of design serie...

I have basic hull shape and few details. Now iA’ll start working on more details like hull plating, engines...

frray1.jpg

frray2.jpg

frepre.jpg
86823.jpg
Post edited by bory on
Tagged:

• Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks like a good start! you have some nice structures in there (the conn tower antennae and whatnot, the cranes and missile loading stuff...), now detail up the body.
  • AlnairAlnair181 Posts: 255Member
    Interesting design! Has definitely the potential for a good model!
  • Dr.SleepDr.Sleep0 Posts: 0Member
    looks really great, I like this design. just only one thing... isnA’t this ship little petite to battleship? I mean, the engines looks like they are already breaking off with their holder...
  • borybory0 Posts: 0Member
    In fact i donA’t mean this particular design for direct fight... It should be used for support and long distance combat. ItA’s light, fast a highly manoeuvrable and with good point dafense.
    And i donA’t have engines part done at all... ;)
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    This thing has serious potential. I really like the detail you've added thus far, especially the missiles (I think that's what they are) with the launchers and cranes for reloading.
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    nice design, I love seeing original stuff and this certainly is. It seems like something a near future earth would make and isn't to 'scifi' in design terms.
  • DimitriyDimitriy0 Posts: 0Member
    You have a very functional shape, I like this alot. A couple of ideas - make bridge smaller and add some details to the superstructure. Maybe extend it forwards and backwards somewhat and group the main turrets closer together in a linear scheme.

Anyhow, I will be watching this thread.
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    that's pretty cool. I sort of want to just cut off those "wings" on the front, but I guess that's just a matter of personal preference. good work on the details
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Stargate Universe?
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Does it really have to be in an "existing" universe? This looks like something original and that's better than Stargate.
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Good-looking indeed!
    Thanks for comments and for some ideas but i try a lot diferent possibilities when i modeled it and this hull shape is +/- exactly one which i had in mind before i start making it. So i probably will not change it.

Other thing - no it isnA’t from "real" SF universe.

Anyhow i have one from SG universe... It isnA’t perfect especialy material part but im already done with it...

fsm1k.jpg

fsm2.jpg

fsm3.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    the first ship i think could be a conventional sea-going ship in Supreme commander heh (has the ..what faction is it? the robot guys? cylan? look to it)

second is a pretty nice spinoff from the other SG ships. i quite like it tbh, tho realistically that secondary bridge section on the ship's right hanger is in a poor position to view things? :P
    I donA’t know Supreme commander... Maybe if it had better keel it could be seagoing ship... :)

ThatA’s not a secondary bridge. ItA’s only a (senzor)lab section...

Here i made little progres...

fsm4.jpg

fsm5.jpg

fsm6.jpg
    Another small steps...

new loading cranes...

frscm1.jpg

more hull plating, details and some interiors...

frscm2.jpg

frscm3.jpg
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    very nice work, though you might want to snooth the edges on the missiles.
  • SebastianPSebastianP171 Posts: 0Member
    Based on the look of that first image, I dub this the Scorpion-class - it has the pincers, legs and raised tail, a perfect fit... :-)

I liked the ship a little better before you added those exaggerated tiles to it. Right now it looks like it's made from bricks, rather than welded steel parts. (frankly, I think most starship plating is way overdone, it just makes the ships look like the workmanship was shoddy...)

Other than that, the design is way cool. Good luck with it!

SP
    Well, it could be reactive armour? Makes sense to have some sort of extra protection. Perhaps you can play this out in texturing and further detailing. Like, have some underlying plating show here and tehre, being more smootha nd aircraft-like and then emphasize the reactive armour with the textures or further detail modeling?
    Well, its just basic hull armor, itA’s war ship after all and crew needs protection. Im planning break up this "brick-wall" look at least a bit. But im not decided whether iA’ll use texture with normal map or iA’ll detail up mesh... And why itA’s look like brick wall? I didnA’t mean to each one cover tile had diferend shape... It looks cool but it doesnA’t make much sense to me in technical view... So i think it looks more realistic that way...

2Assassin...IA’ll smooth it after texturing...
    I agree 100% mate. Construction-wise this layout makes a lot more sense. I actually did the same on the Heracles/Olympic and it worked out great.
  • BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    Hi,

Very cool. I like your design. The front of the ship reminds me of the Draconian cruiser from Buck Rogers. The 80's version.

-Brian
    LoL "Buck Rogers. The 80's version." it sounds like damn old school fun :D :D ...
  • BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    Yep ! :D
    Oh noes! that means pastel coloured space suits! :-O
    Well, pastel coloured space suits are basics... But my favourite is "disco-ball" shiny style... :lol: ;)

However, i hadenA’t had much time for last few weeks, and unfortunately it wonA’t be diferent in future, but iA’ll try make some...

Another problem was occurred when i decided remodel gun-turrets, it took me about two weeks and many ugly crap models. In the end i used reference from real military machines and i think im confortable now... But im open to any suggestions and ideas...

aaavo.jpg

48534593.jpg
    Seems like a good looking bunch to me. The level of detailing just depends on your desired level of it so if you're going for mid-detailing, this seems spot on.
    I think this level of detailing is just enough for my (piece of scrap) note, when it is this way i dont have to separate up model to too much parts... I could use "big" PC but blender have some problems with his graphic card...

and little updates...

freg1.jpg

freg2.jpg
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Welcome on board! This ship is looking very good, and she has a nice set of greebles too.
    Keep us updated! ;)
    Good job ol' chap! I say! Love the cranes and scaffolding!
    Hello again, after maybe 2 months i had time or energy turn on blender and move on frigate project, so i can resuscitate this tread too (thanks flu :D(not a mexican i guess :flippy: ))...

Anyway i remodeled bridge part (no bridge in yet), done some detailes and not important stuff on bottom... Bigest actual problem are engines and whole back part... I cant think up shape which would be "the one"...

So here is the latest version:

fren.jpg

fre2.jpg