Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAt-at

• Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks Great stonky:thumb:

I really like the lighting in this render
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    nice work, man.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    He's still alive! Woo-hoo!
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    Good work, though a bit headless me thinks:D
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    nice tuchas, lol. or is that the mount for the cockpit?
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    Nice to see this project still going.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Whoah that's one mean AT-AT :thumb: Time doesn't matter when we get quality models like this one !
  • Breech BlockBreech Block0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow! Awesome AT-AT your building there and can't wait to see it in action. TESB is certainly my favourite SW film and not least because of this gigantic beast and I certainly think you have nailed the look this time around. Would love to have a crack at doing one myself one day, perhaps when I make the jump to modo. Anyhows, this thread is really inspiring, thanks for posting your work and providing the terrific reference links as well. Keep up the good work.
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    @ Stonky:

If the Rebels knew the Empire were using our AT-AT's to Attack Hoth, ... They had time enough to dig a 100 ft deep trench and skip the speeders, then carefully pack everything in bubble-wrap before they left, ....

Nice job so far mate ! :thumb: ...

Jas

polyspotted.jpg
    Binkerman wrote: »
    @ Stonky:

If the Rebels knew the Empire were using our AT-AT's to Attack Hoth, ... They had time enough to dig a 100 ft deep trench and skip the speeders, then carefully pack everything in bubble-wrap before they left, ....

Nice job so far mate ! :thumb: ...

Jas

polyspotted.jpg
    i dont get it....
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Binkerman wins, those are some of the few new polygons. :)

Thanks all for the comments, I'm hoping to be able to spend a lot more time on it in the coming days and weeks!

@Ice_Dragon: Thank you! The lighting is kind of reminiscent of the way they were lit for a lot of the shots in TESB - from the back, grazing the side - kind of dramamtic, I guess, implies scale.

@Aresius: Thanks! Now that there's som much great ref out there, I couldn't resist and longer. :)

@Road Warrior: Yup, alive...barely. :)

@Chanur: agreed, it's a bit headless right now. I've got the major hape of the head worked out (like all things Star Wars tend to be, it's deceptively complex). There are a lot of contours and spacial and planer relationships that can get missed if you're not careful. I'm going to do my best, and I promised myself that I wasn't going to cheap out when I stated this thing (we'll see how long I keep that promise :) )

@homerpalooza67: this is the butt end LOL!

@meugen06: thanks, I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to do so little.

@somacruz145: thank you, much appreciated!

@Breech Block: thank you, and you're very welcome for the links - anything that I can do to inspire more Star Wars is a good thing, I think. :)

@Binkerman: hehehe, thank you! You've certainly set the bar - your at-at is terrific!

It's funny, I was able to kitbash some of the parts from my TIE fighter - turns out they used some of the same kitpieces on each model. :) More coming soon!
  • CoolhandCoolhand289 Mountain LairPosts: 1,298Member
    looks great, always one of my fave sw designs despite being the completely impractical, too tall, ungainly slow moving artillery target that it is, but very intimidating looking on the battlefield.
    Coolhand wrote: »
    looks great, always one of my fave sw designs despite being the completely impractical, too tall, ungainly slow moving artillery target that it is, but very intimidating looking on the battlefield.

They can't be all that cheap either. :)
    stonky wrote: »
    They can't be all that cheap either. :)
    Ah, so the Empire gets a bailout. Darth Vader is pretty persuasive. :p
    Ah, so the Empire gets a bailout. Darth Vader is pretty persuasive. :p

:lol:

I'm going to model the buttplate in this configuration, and then flip it later if need be - I've seen it both ways though:

attachment.php?attachmentid=81162&stc=1&d=1272215858

I'm hoping to have most of the buttplate finished today, we'll see. :)
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    nice :) more ... more ... more ! :D
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice buttplate:D looks great stonky
  • kindrakindra171 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work m8, ill have to get mine back out again almost it was almost finished but due to a new job i had to give max a rest for a bit, gutted really as i was really getting into it.
    Keep it up :)

K.............
    looks really nice. :)
  • kippakippa0 Posts: 0Member
    It looks awesome. I am really looking forward to seeing the final finished product. The last time I saw an AT-AT renderd was a very very long time ago on an Amiga computer. The animation was only like 10 seconds but it looked really cool. You have to remember that the Amiga's back then had only like 2MB of memory. That must have been over 18 years ago ish. Christ I am getting old. :p too old to die young.
    Thanks all!

A little more progress:

attachment.php?attachmentid=81252&stc=1&d=1272437621

More coming soon! :)
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    coming along very nicely mate!

@kippa, I remember that Amiga animation, one of the reasons (well one of many) I ran out and bought a Amiga 500 :)
    Fellow Amiga owners unite! It was "The Juggler" that got me! My first 3D package was Sculpt 3D where even then I was modelling X-Wings and TIE Fighters - hopefully my work has improved since then. :) I used Deluxe Paint 2 for 2D stuff, my Amiga was where I cut my teeth in the world of CG.
    haha, excellent, I started out with a C64 writing demos/cracking games and doin my own crappy 8 bit art (even dabbled in music), then moved onto the Amiga but stopped at that point as our demo group went its own way Sub-Zero will live on forever in my memory ;)

Anyway, back to tha AT-AT, MORE-MORE!

:)
    I remember Photoshop 5.0 - thats what got me started waay back when. Havent paid much attention to CG tho ;)
    I remember photoshop 1.0! Me = old. :)
    Jesus stonky you are old ;)
    why do i feel so young, all of a sudden? :lol:
    I dunno,... kids today... :)
  • harry33harry33343 Posts: 0Member
    Anyone remember the Sinclair ZX 81??? It was my first one.No sound,Black/White and a strange keyboard.Damn,I am a dinosaur........:):):)