Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Pixelated Blueprints

SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
When I've tried to use blueprints in Max I've gone the route of using planes and applying the blueprints as textures for the different views. However, no matter how high a resolution the blueprints are they always end up pixelated. Is there a fix for this or is it something I just have to live with? Or, is there a better way to use blueprints?
Post edited by Schimpfy on

• MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    You need to go to Customize -> Viewport -> Display Driver (or something like that) and adjust the resolution settings, and check "match as closely as possible".

That should help a bit, and if it doesn't just resize the image to like 2 or 3 times its original resolution and reapply it in max, then it should come out unpixelated :)
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    also make sure you have "texture correction" on in viewport settings, it gets rid of the warping
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Melak, you, sir, are my hero.

Where is the texture correction in Max 2009?
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    dunno if its the same in 2009 but should be. Right click on the viewport name in the corner and it should be in the menu
  • japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    Do you have to "plane" your blueprints, or can you apply them as a background image? I haven't really used MAX, but I would think that you could... I know that Carrara 7 Pro can and while I have worked both ways, it is MUCH easier to work with a background, rather than a plan.

Hope that this helps in someway.
  • spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    japme wrote: »
    Do you have to "plane" your blueprints, or can you apply them as a background image? I haven't really used MAX, but I would think that you could... I know that Carrara 7 Pro can and while I have worked both ways, it is MUCH easier to work with a background, rather than a plan.

Hope that this helps in someway.

You can, but using planes is the best way to do it
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    I agree. I've tried applying the blueprint as a background image and I didn't really care for it. At least with planes everything stays consistent.