Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Star Trek fanfilm CG questions

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
I have volunteered to do special effects and camera work on a Star Trek fanfilm a friend of mine is doing. He has lined up a lot components for the film, except someone to do CG work for the space shots.

He's gonna need several fly by's from different angles.
A ship designed from sketches.
And a few battle shots.

I know very little about 3D rendering and animation, and virtually nothing about creating models form scratch. Or even if any of this will fit in the small budget he has. He is working on getting volunteers from a local university to help out to get work/portfolio credit.

I figured I'd ask here about a price range to do some of this kinda of stuff, and maybe about availability as well.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

• spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    The prices will depend on how much work is involved. Assuming a not-unreasonable $35 per hour for a semi-pro modeller you could be looking at $200-$400 for a reasonably detailed ship with basic textures. You might find someone to do it for less though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Nice, I do believe that if we can get a decent model of the ship that we can actually render the animations ourselves.

We are looking at purchasing 3ds Max. However in the meantime Blender is being used.