Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Lost SFM tutorials - found! And uploaded here!

• JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    BPhelmet wrote:
    oki dok, shoud be done in a few days
    Great! :thumb:
  • BPhelmetBPhelmet0 Posts: 0Member
    i can not fine the original scene of mine, but will this be convincing enough
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I'll repost my lighting tutorial when I find it...sorry folks, it's backed up somewhere, just need to find out where. :(
  • farcryfarcry0 Posts: 0Member
    Thats awsome BPHelmet :)
  • Northern_MindNorthern_Mind173 Posts: 0Member
    Zip removed.
    noob -.-

a 404'er is very usefull
  • Northern_MindNorthern_Mind173 Posts: 0Member
    it's been fixed.
    Thanks for that. I'm downloading now, will post the individual tutorials to the board once I've had a chance to extract them.
    farcry wrote:
    Thats awsome BPHelmet :)

oki dok, the tut will be up in very soon
  • chronochrono0 Posts: 1Member
    Ever find Howard Day's 'fake' window mini-tutorial?
    No. Perhaps Howard has a copy somewhere. I'll ask him.
    Thanks! Maybe he'll show an 'exploded' view this time because last time it didn't make much sense.
  • mental|platemental|plate333 Posts: 0Member
    Here is Blumenkohls light tutorial with his premission! have fun
    thank god it's christmas :D

and now i'll try to put a better lighting into my scenes ...
    What ever happened to those tuts that were going to be recreated and up in a few days a month ago?
    You mean, other than the full-time jobs held by the staff?

As tuts have been recovered, we have posted them. There are additional tuts in progress, but we do not have an expected date of completion for those, as all of us are busy in other ways. Believe me, we'll get them out as soon as we feel like they are polished and ready for distribution.

Patience, Grasshopper...
  • ns_exilens_exile171 Posts: 0Member
    Snatch this fried hard-drive from my hand...

Let's not forget just piecing the site back together after losing everything... I'm personally impressed with how well everything's come back, recovering a server back to normalcy after a head crash is not easy... been there, don't want to do it again. It's all a matter of finding all those little bits and pieces that are scattered on everyone's hard drives. :)

But I digress...
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    That's true, I admire the SFM staff but I would not want their jobs.
    Have we found that olde SFA tutorial that involved azteking and the one involving selction groups for Trek shield grid making?
    I haven't, but SFA is still hosting an Aztec tut aren't they? Meshweaver also has one (Fabio Passaro's site).
  • SocsSocs0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Guys,

the link to the animation of the armour-pdf doesn't work. Can someone of you post the correct link right here? 'Cause I just wanna see the animation, after I've read the tutorial of the armour - very interesting! :)
  • efritschefritsch0 Posts: 0Member
    You mean like this. Just use a sphere atmospheric apparatus. Then go to environment and chooses a volume like fire or fog and change the color to you liking.
    Model by "Captain Nguyen"

Hey guys.

I used this method for a rocket exhaust. It looks great, the exhaust that is. The problem is that now the rest of the scene appears really dark. Can anyone tell me why that is?
  • SandmanNinjaSandmanNinja0 Posts: 0Member
    Blumenkohl wrote:
    I'll repost my lighting tutorial when I find it...sorry folks, it's backed up somewhere, just need to find out where. :(

Was this tutorial ever re-posted? Just trying to get some tutorial time in this weekend.

Cheers!

-Joel
    here it is, finally, my tutorial
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    you are a life saver, thanks a lot! I owe you.
  • mental|platemental|plate333 Posts: 0Member
    Was this tutorial ever re-posted? Just trying to get some tutorial time in this weekend.

Cheers!

-Joel
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3d-questions-answers/598-lost-scifi-meshes-com-tutorials-found-5.html

4th post from the top..... if only people started looking....
  • farcryfarcry0 Posts: 0Member
    BPhelmet wrote: »
    here it is, finally, my tutorial

Thanks! :)

I do recall you also had a part two or something, which was making a really decent heat blur effect :D

'lo, just to be sure before I download it, is that a tutorial on how to create nacelle glow (or anything else that glows in space!!! :D )?

Thanks...

:stupid:
  • SandmanNinjaSandmanNinja0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the link everyone.

-joel
    farcry wrote: »
    Thanks! :)

I do recall you also had a part two or something, which was making a really decent heat blur effect :D

yes, there was a part 2, but that's really easy, i just used a bump map and a raytrace for refraction, and then applied it to a particle system, i will write a more detailed tut if you like, but i think you guys can figure it out :D