Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Lightwave Scene Import

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
Hi all

Where do i find the opition to turn OFF Texture Antialiasing in the surface editor, When applying a texture?

Also, Importing a scene question.

I have made a scene and i want to import another scene which is a nebula, However there is no texture applyed to the model, so when the scene is imported its untextured, I understand that because its just the object and the texture has been applyed in a scene rather then to the actual model, However I wish to import the actual scene each time with the texture how can i go about doing this?

Thanks
Lukemax
Post edited by Unknown User on

• JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    Lukemax wrote: »
    Hi all

Where do i find the opition to turn OFF Texture Antialiasing in the surface editor, When applying a texture?

Also, Importing a scene question.

I have made a scene and i want to import another scene which is a nebula, However there is no texture applyed to the model, so when the scene is imported its untextured, I understand that because its just the object and the texture has been applyed in a scene rather then to the actual model, However I wish to import the actual scene each time with the texture how can i go about doing this?

Thanks
    Lukemax

The texture aliasing settings are the mipmap quality setting. You can try to turn it off to see if that helps get you the result you want.

Textures are only saved with the models. Not the scenes. Just make sure you save your objects as well as your scenes if you are applying textures in Layout. If you don't save the objects you'll lose all of your texturing. In Layout you can select 'save all objects' to make sure the textures get saved.
  • vfxartvfxart1271 PNWPosts: 268Member
    ^^
    You can, but I wouldn't... Save All Objects can be awkward, sometimes bonked. And how do you know that it's working, since you get no per item dialog? Best to Save Current Object, even though it means one at a time.

Also, your texture display resolution is set in your options for Open GL in Preferences (for Layout). For modeler it's in Display Options>GL. That might help you with whatever issues you're having if AA seems to be slowing things?

Last, if you save your objects through Layout and want your scene to use the current version of the object, you've got to save the object first, then re-save your scene with that new object in it.