Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCousteau 1701-E

2»

• MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    Scatha wrote: »
    Err, a klingon that puts a BoP on hold, that has got to be a first... *grins*

Well they phoned at an awkward time. These things happen...

Firmly back on topic now: the yacht is looking pretty good so far! Nice modelling work. ;)
  • ScathaScatha0 Posts: 0Member
    LOL

Btw, if someone has a copy of the Insurrection movie, maybe some stills could be provided?
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks, and thanks for kicking this in direction of the topic again
    Scatha, I grabbed what there is off of trekcore.com, in addition to what floats around the web. There really isn't anything that I need reference for anymore, from here it's mostly guesswork :)
  • ScathaScatha0 Posts: 0Member
    Sorry for the mess in your thread, so no thanks needed.

Guesswork, well then I sugest a small messhall with a center table, replicator in the wall, a small transporter room, but all in luxurious style, as befitting the ship.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    @Melak: Well, Chair, another console for a secondary person, I remember to have read in the TNG Tech Manual that a Captains Yacht is also used for diplomatic missions and in that case, more than just the captain's flying with. Anyhow, you should also leave enough room for the rear areas like a small quarter area with something like a little mass room, remember that scene with Picard, Data, Troi and Deanna in the Runabout returning from a conference to find the Enterprise being in struggle with a D'Deridex warbird with those freaky temporal anomalies all around?
    Something like these runabout rooms, only a tad smaller and more fitting the style and chique of a captains yacht.

I guess that went lost a bit...
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    THAT was a classic Danube-class runabout; aka a long-distance warp shuttle. I believe that the max capacity is 8 people or so. The Captains yacht is bigger, and probably requires a 2 person crew, minimum. It doesnt need to be said that trek interior sets were built out of proportion to their exterior models :rolleyes: nice job melak.

@IRML: Dave, your new avatar is....disturbing....:lol:
  • fluxfirefluxfire181 Posts: 604Member
    While it is true from watching every trek show and movie that most interior sets for the small ships are way out of proportion the large ships seem to be rather accurate (most of the time :P ) But in this case i think that it is a very good start.

Personally since it has to be mostly interpritation i would say take the parts of all the shuttles, runabouts, fighters, and flyers ever made in ST and combine them all to make it your own design.

As for what could be put in there well layout a schematic of the ship and figure out what kind of extra rooms you would need on a yacht that would house dipolomats and other high ranking officials and build from there. I think a transport pad would be good but not in the main command area better to have it in a back room like next to a conferance room of sorts or the quarters that would be in there.
    Thanks for all your input, and Aresius, thanks for posting that again.

Homerpalooza: Yes the yacht is "bigger" than the runabout, however the runabout is much more box-shaped and allows for better use of the interior. The cockpit already consumes a lot of space even though I shrunk it as much as possible.

I could fit in some taller rooms spanning across both halves of the ship, the lower half isn't really tall enough to support a full sized deck.
    Also a catwalk/jeffries tube kind of layout for the lower deck might work, to allow access to the internals of the ship.

Maybe I can show you some more progress later today :)
    Well I don't want to disappoint so heres a little update.
  • CrimsonLineCrimsonLine171 Posts: 0Member
    Still no chairs??

:cry:
    No sorry, those were outlawed when starfleet discovered Worf's fitness is directly proportional to the time he spent not sitting on the bridge of the enterprise.
  • CrimsonLineCrimsonLine171 Posts: 0Member
    If the interior of the Captain's Yacht is all about improving Worf, then you really need to put in a phaser target practice range...
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Worf IS the target range...:lol:
  • whitestarwhitestar0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking sweet there Melak, keep it up sir. I am sorry your having issues in your thread with all the arguements. You are a great modeler and your work speaks for itself. I have never seen a bad model or anything else from you. Im always impressed, keep it up sir.
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    i did the master system display for the cousteau here:
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/2d-gallery/52369-msd-big-shuttles-2.html#post374333
    maybe you can use it, then pm me. thanx.
    commandersozo thats a nice graphic, thanks for the offer!
    I think I will be creating my own MSD and other LCARS for this shippie though, to make it match exactly and so I can show some of the hardware in the MSD.

No update though sorry. Been a bit busy (read: lazy :p) the past few days.
    Sooo I started on the freight compartment, right now theres still plenty off space to fit things in :)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, looks spacy, very sweet.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    I can't wait until Paramount-Viacom or its FX company releases some concept art of the Cousteau's dedicated Drop/Launch Bay. I've always wanted that for my Trek fic/rpg archive.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    They did release a couple of concept drawings. There's one in The Secrets of Star Trek Insurrection that shows the launch procedure so you can see an exterior view of the bay and in one of the books or possibly the magazine there were unused ideas for the interior entrance to the craft.

Oh, nice render btw. The dividing sections or ribbing look a little bit too thin in my opinion, but the lighting's looking good so far.
    And you are right they are a bit thin to be of any purpose right now. Gonna fix that, together with the segmentation on those.

Here's a new render with more doodads, rendered in MentalRay which is performing quite good so far :)

I apologize for the slow loading image, this image host used to be faster :-/
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Very nice work... I like the colors and lighting for the interior. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    IRML wrote: »
    wow scatha, I don't know who you are but you sure have pissed me off with that dumb post of yours

I've made it quite clear already that I'm not accusing him of ripping me off, I just don't think he should use certain interpretations on my model, it is not an order, just my constructive criticism of his work, and staff are allowed to post constructive criticisms, I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO EXPLAIN THAT AGAIN

now I'm willing to bet you know nothing about me, nothing about this design, and nothing about my WIP on it, so next time don't drag up a 2 day old incident to share your stupid hypocritical opinion

Don't be too hard on this Scatha guy, as he has pissed of many before you
    If you want to laugh, read this topic
    http://target-view.com/index.php?/topic/115-target-view-under-fire/
    IRML has a point though, instead of dragging up a 2 day old issue, you just did the same with a 2 year old issue! :p

You might want to read this forum's policy on Necro Posting
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    ow sorry, just stumbled on this site and saw something familliar
    guesss, it's better to read the policy also, thx ;)
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    as much as I think the guy is a tit, I don't agree with posting around other forums trying to discredit him