Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DPuddle jumper for 3D print

XjamesxXjamesx171 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2012 in Work in Progress #1
So I just finished My 304 build and I have been building a PJ as well in parallel to the 304 and I am about to start printing this off next week. It will be 12" long and fully functional. As in the engine pods will retract in and out of the body. For now it will just be an exterior model but I do plan on making the interior as well. It is about 85% done. I just have to model the engine details and mechanisms to tilt the engine and slide the outer panel down when extended out of the body. Here are some renders If you save them in order then scroll through them you can see the pods extend and retract.

-James-
60396.jpg
60397.jpg
60398.jpg
60399.jpg
60400.jpg
Post edited by Xjamesx on
Tagged:

• XjamesxXjamesx171 Posts: 0Member
    So I decided to make a new post here after 4 years so I don't have duplicate posts for the same project :rolleyes:

Sorry to resurrect but its worth it..

Still lots of great work happening on this site. I've been busy finishing school, new job and life. But I finally got this project completed and FINALLY got a 3D print made. Not to the scale I want but this will do for now. Some more images on my website http://www.jameswrobbins.com/#!__product-design/puddel-jumper

money.jpg pg-4.jpg

Here's some of the 3D print. At 5" it doesn't have the interior or retractable pods but still lots of great detail.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    If you really want one you an buy it here
    http://www.shapeways.com/model/433782/

I also created an animation to show how the pods would work.

-James-
    93607.jpg93608.jpg93609.jpg93610.jpg93611.jpg
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    why not priint them in peices then uc an have the interior and retractable pods
  • XjamesxXjamesx171 Posts: 0Member
    I thought about it but a little more "engineering" and redesign would have to go into some of the pieces to be made at that size. As it is now the model is around $75-80 in SLS Nylon. Adding the interior would be closer to $200 and for this first go round I didn't want to spend that much money since I hadn't used shapeways and had no idea of the quality of the print. But I was extremely surprised and happy with the outcome. This was a first go to get the model quickly and test out the service and material.. I'm already working on a revised version that's a little bigger and moving parts..

-James-