Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Modeling a Star Trek style hull - Blender

DanDan0 Posts: 0Member
Hi there, I'm having trouble creating a starship hull in the similar vein of Star Trek. More specifically I'd like an easier or more efficient way of creating one, so far I've only extruded and resized from a top down outline. As the title says I'm using Blender.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Post edited by Dan on

• Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
    Right outta the fourmadmen website:

FourMadMen.com - Saucer Tutorial #1

saucer tutorial in Blender
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    Saucers are easy, how about the secondary hulls :p
  • CrimsonLineCrimsonLine171 Posts: 0Member
    You want to have the 3D window split into two different views, side and top, and put the blueprints for each view in the background of its respective window. Start with a circle at the fore end of the sec hull, and then extrude it in steps aft, to match the contour on the blueprints. Voila! and Hey Presto!
  • DanDan0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the tips, I tried my old method of making the top down outline and extruding, resizing and fiddling about and my second attempt came out pretty good (i think).
    Show some pix!
  • DanDan0 Posts: 0Member
    These are the progression pix for the ship. I've gone through 3 different hulls. The last one is the most recent render.
    59381.jpg59382.jpg59383.jpg
    4.jpg 50.8K
    12.jpg 111.1K
    21.jpg 91.6K
    OHHHHH! THAT kind of Secondary Hull. I thought you were talking something Constitution-class-like-ish-esque-ian. For a hull like the one you're making, I'd use subdivision modeling.