Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAn s1gun & BorgMan collab: [NEM] Corvette

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    It may be dark but it still looks pretty darn good. Your doing this in SketchUp you say? I envy your talent then. Nice work, I'll be watching this.
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Thanks for the kind words Phoenix :) Yeah, everything is done in SketchUp, I've come a long way with it since I started using it some 3 or 4 years ago...
  • mladen225mladen225171 Posts: 0Member
    Well, I hope that we wont have to wait too long for more updates.
    I like your work because it is full of details.
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    this is a nice model just like the scout hope we get the chance to see it finished great work
    Ofcourse Aylaa! This is just one of the models I have lying around and pick up again from time to time. Here's a new render. While it may not look very different from the last, almost all the hard edges have been rounded now, and man what a pain in the ass that was! I'm planning on making a small cargo / workbee bay on the lowest deck, still have to get Gun's approval though...
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Looks nice Borgman :thumb: Can't wait to see some bigger updates on this one !
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Hey, looks sweet.
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Compact and radical design, certainly a whole different design without a saucer. I like it quite a lot :)
  • Tochiro76Tochiro760 Posts: 0Member
    The only thing I would change is the airlock, it could be retractable instead of poking out like that but everything else looks great:-)
    Yeah it bugged me a bit, but it does break up the shape a bit so it'll stay. Besides, if the boss says *it stays*, it stays :P But I'm glad you guys like her :)
    Can you believe that I was working on this more than two and a half years ago? I dug up her engineering in my search for an acceptable warp core texture (which I found in a completely different file eventualy), but instead of finding the barebone engineering that I thought I would I found something with a lot more potential! So yeah, I started work on her again XD

frigateengineering1.th.jpg
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Going for a full rebuild? :)
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    This is a good project, I'm glad to see it's not dead.
    Not really Flanker, just picking up where I left off back in the days ;) The bridge isn't so far from being completed either, so with a little bit of effort this could be done in as little as a month :)

Thanks for the heads up Major, always good to see that people remember ^_^
    Here's another shot of engineering. Been working on the cooling segment, that blast door probably will be sunken deeper into the floor but I'm not sure just yet. And those cooling tubes really need work on the texturing yeah. Just not quite sure how to tell SketchUp to turn it the other way around (out of sight, out of mind, so to say ;))

corvettecooling.th.jpg

I like making blast doors ^_^
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    That is looking very nice! :)
    I see you took some inspiration from ST2009 and made many little warp cores? :flippy:

Blast door's looking good, too. I hope this all still looks as nice when you close the rooms and the daylight is gone
    No mini warpcores, just cooling canisters ;) I didn't know what else to do with the room so I thought that it was a smart idea to keep the cooling away from the core :p I'll close it down later this day or tomorrow when I've added a crane. Those canisters are heavy, you know, so a crane will prove very handy in getting them at the top ;)
  • Toragh1Toragh1331 Posts: 0Member
    I remember this one. Good looking. Especially like how the decks were designed with it. Myself, I just generalize deck location since it's mostly never seen anyways on bigger ships IMO. Firefly and ST:TMP (the hanger scene at the beginning) I think are exceptions. Might just have to change that with any future ships I make. I like depth.

Good work, keep it up!
    I usually design ships with deck sizes as an important piece of the design itself. I don't like runaway windows at random places. Stourangeau's Luna comes in mind, as his first version of the Titan had windows in the hollow cravice where the deflector was located. But in this ship's case, s1gun did all the work for me, as he delivered a deck schematic as well. I just redesigned the complete engineering section from the ground up, but that's all :)
    Problem time guys 'n gals. The crane that places the cooling canisters into their alcoves has a bit of a problem reaching those alcoves. I wanted to use an hydraulic-like system that would be able to bridge the gap between the crane and the alcove, only to find out that the gap is 2 meters or so. That poses a significant problem. Any ideas?
  • sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    anti-gravity units and fine control tractor beam technology? Hydraulics and mechanical arms are sooo 20th century.
    The problem is that everytime I saw something clutched into a tractor beam, there was this vibration. I'm not really sure I want that happening with a canister that has some serious biohazard liquid inside of it...
  • TugarTugar171 Posts: 0Member
    What about a telescoping crane? Have a several sections that can extend when needed, but compact when not in use.

13941.JPG
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    why not jsut use a teleporter?
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    Ever wonder why there is no cargo handling gear in TNG, except for those thick antigravity sleds? Trek has hand portable antigravity pucks (in the TOS movies) that can lock into specially designed objects, as well as other antigravity carrying devices that can lock onto non-purpose built objects (TOS). Use those and you don't need a crane, and single guy could move tons, as long as he is careful about the inertia. Then again, Trek antigravity is probably good enough to handle inertia, by using inertial dampeners.

The easiest way would actually be to make the coolant tanks three pods high, and place them parallel to the ship's length. Then you can stack them on their sides four high, and have the coolant conduits along the inner, rather than outer bulkhead. You may even be able to place two stacks side by side, on the port and starboard sides, for a total of 16, three-pod, coolant tanks.

This also allows you to have large ejections hatches on the aft bulkhead, however, I wouldn't bother, since quick ejection coolant tanks seems odd. It's something needed for the antimatter. Instead, you could have the fueling pipes on the aft bulkhead lead to a single external coupling. You may also want external ports for topping off the antimatter and fusion fuel. You can place all three couplings in the same location based on what is closest to the antimatter pods, since you want the antimatter traveling as little distance as possible. The external aft object could be made the emergency coolant vent, but maybe that vent should be right near the warp core, as well as in a few other places, such as the warp engines, phasers, and deflector.
    Hi. Been busy with this for some time again, so I'll just leave this here...

On the list:
    - finishing the interior;
    - rebuilding engineering into a smaller package than what I had;
    - wrapping my head around that ready room and the bridge.

The exterior is practically down. I've rebuild the pylons and the deflector, added some stuff that wasn't present in the original drawing (RCS thrusters and the like) and replaced the funky airlock with my standardized version which, truth to be told, looks a lot better. I'll get you guys a render of the ship as it stands soon :)
    109968.jpg
    Ship yay.
    109974.jpg
    In that diagram I've reserved space for a science lab and a sickbay. Sickbay is on the backburner until I figure out what to do with the walls (they're so... boring), so in the meantime I made the science lab. Not done yet but pretty far along, this also meant that I had to make that science console you see in Voyager's science lab myself; apparently, nobody tried to model it before. Cost me a good two hours to get everything right from the construction plans I found over at TrekBBS, but without any clear dimensions I had to eyeball it. Still, I think it came out great. I skipped the lower ring with screens because of space issues but I think I'll make that into an add-on later :)

And because I'm such a nice lad, grab it while it's hot if you use SketchUp. /shamelessplug
    109987.jpg
    Working on the engineering. I planned on it being a souped-up version of the Ent-D's nacelle control room, an idea I first saw here on Deviant Art, so I went to the 3D warehouse, downloaded the control room and... came to the conclusion that it was full of cut corners. Went ahead, made my own, and in keeping with the general idea I converted my just-released Science Console to a warp core a la Voyager. Here's a quick-'n-dirty render; I skipped the anti-aliasing. As a bonus, here's the transporter as which I cut off earlier as well. Gonna update my Kerky now...
    110011.jpg110012.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    okay, nice work....