Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D"Ambivalence of the Daleks"

todaytoday0 Posts: 37Member
edited May 2010 in Finished Work #1
I would have uploaded this here but it's over 20 MB so that isn't really an option.

While the story isn't quite finished, most (if not all) of the shots that make it up are completed so I've put this in the 3d Gallery instead of the WIP section.

Description is as follows:

"...a lone Dalek arrives in early 21st Century New York via Emergency Temporal Shift and proceeds to scale the Empire State Building, and winds up hovering over the Observation Deck..."

If you've ever wanted to see a Dalek menace the farmers' market in manhattan's union square then this is your chance:lol:
56767.JPG
Post edited by today on

• todaytoday0 Posts: 37Member
    Since Vimeo only offers lossless transcoding for HD videos, there's some visible pixelation but it isn't terrible.:cool:

Since it's all animated anyway I may go back and render out an HD version and replace this one with it to solve that problem.;)
  • spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    The lighting, blending, texturing and fogging are all incorrect compared to the video, and it would probably only look worse in HD. I would redo the compositing to make the Dalek blend into the background better
    No question about it, while each clip is 'complete' in the sense of being done, none are actually consistent enough to be called finished. When I have more time I'll go through and replace everything. This is more like an animated storyboard than anything else. I'm not going to have much free time for the next few months so it's as finished as it can be (for now):lol:

Also, just to clarify, it is supposed to be humorous.. perhaps because of its incomplete-ness it missed the mark. One scene that's missing entirely would have had the Dalek materializing inside Forbidden Planet looking at a row of Dr. Who merchandise.. firmly establishing the video within the comedy genre:lol:
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    I was going to say it's a bit strangely edited, but after your last post it makes more sense, you should definately get that missing scene in there

the dalek needs some colour correction and distance fog to help with the composite, 2 minor things you can actually do entirely in post very quickly, and the results would be much improved just from those changes
    Impending necroposts in 3,2,1..... :o
    Teaser poster for "The Wrath of Caan"
    TWOC.jpg

...don't worry, there's a method to my madness... probably:lol:
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    it's not a necopost if it's your thread, image looks good though, but then again i have no eye for art :P
    Yes, but everything is always more dramatic when prefaced with an ALL CAPS countdown, no?;)