Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy crap-tastic WIP's

LentowskyLentowsky172 Posts: 38Member
edited May 2012 in Work in Progress #1
I have a somewhat short attention span, so I tend to work on several different models at once, just to keep my interest levels from dropping in the toilet.

Right at the moment I am working on almost 10 models, I think. Some are for the hell of it, and some are portfolio pieces. Time to do another round of job hunting.

Anyways, here are some of my current WIP's. Not all of them are scifi related.
46050.jpg
46051.jpg
46052.jpg
46053.jpg
46054.jpg
95182.jpg
Post edited by Lentowsky on
Tagged:

• LentowskyLentowsky172 Posts: 38Member
  • Lantean_CanuckLantean_Canuck0 Posts: 0Member
    They all look great, especialy your 1st, 2nd, 9th and 10th ships:thumb:
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Cool stuff! Lots of potential there! Keep it up! :thumb:
    @Lantean Canuck: Oddly, those are my current favorites as well. Especially the first two. I am rather happy with the destroyer and the fighter.

@Ozylot: Much obliged sir. I plan to push these fairly hard, as I need to put SOMETHING in my portfolio!

Been rebuilding and adding to the bar street scene;
    46071.jpg
  • madmattmadmatt0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool models man!! Why don't you make a beauty render?

Bye
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I like the second and the fourth in the first post and the fourth and fifth in the second post. Wonderful.
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    I like the last ship on the top row and all the models on the 2nd row, love the ghost town.

That will probably stand more chance of getting you a job than the spaceships.
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    If those are you cr*p-tastic ones then, by god, i wanna see the one's you think are good:o
    Erm, I tend to think they are all barely so-so. I figure if they were really good, I wouldn't spend so much time looking for a job.

Update on the ghost town:

Th car is just in there to check scale, it won't be part of the final render.
    46103.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    If you do a good job texturing the town, it would be great! Nice shoot off animation! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I haven't found any crap, just talent.
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    All your models are Great:thumb: I love the 2nd, 4th, 8th, 9th and 10th ship models.

Keep up the great work
    :)

Started working on textures, hopefully I'll get that done tomorrow, so I can clean up the lighting by tomorrow night.
    46169.jpg
    Just to take a break from the othe rstuff i a working on, I started reworking an old aircar model, trying to make it look a bit more functional.

The red one is the original model. I took the interior out of my Coyote concept car model as I hate the old interior for the Cyclone.(red aircar)
    46307.jpg46308.jpg46309.jpg46310.jpg
    Neat stuff, there is some nice modeling there.
    Playing around with an old bike model, I gave it some rather extensive updates. The modeling on the bike is not quite complete, and the textures for it still need a bunch of work, as does the background.
    47236.jpg47237.jpg
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    I've been attempting one of those for quite a while now, but it never seems to come out right. I might re-start the attempts.

Top speed? :P
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    I've been attempting one of those for quite a while now, but it never seems to come out right. I might re-start the attempts.

Top speed? :P

No time like the present.

Theoretical top end is about 418 km/h. (260 mph) of course, I doubt anyone could hang on to it at those speeds.
    Lentowsky wrote: »
    Playing around with an old bike model, I gave it some rather extensive updates. The modeling on the bike is not quite complete, and the textures for it still need a bunch of work, as does the background.

Oh man!! I want one!! Looks great!
    And a nearly completed shot of the TAS Andrew Green:
    47248.jpg
    Looks wonderful.

Just a bit dark.
    Been quite awhile since I posted anything, a long while actually. Up till the middle of last month, i was too busy with work to care much about personal projects.

Anyways, have some time to do some of my own stuff again.

The first set are what I've been working on for the past few days.
    63159.jpg63160.jpg63163.jpg63164.jpg63165.jpg
    Back view of fighters:
    63166.jpg
    Started this around August I think, was having a contest of skill with my office mate, we eventually got tired of working on them, too busy at work, and no inclination to model when we got home.
    63167.jpg63168.jpg
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    I like the drop ship and fighters (especially the stealthy one):thumb: but not sure about the other ship as it is too dark/shiny (in areas) to make out the detail I would like to see.

The car is really nice :D but the pictures are very low res and pixalated :(. Could you repost at a higher res? :)
    Hard to believe its been more than a year and a half since I posted anything here! Not that I have all that many models to show for the time away. Started plenty, finished few.

Anyways, here are some of the more complete models I have done since I last put anything up....
    83511.jpg83512.jpg83513.jpg83514.jpg83515.jpg
    V.jpg 272.5K
    W.jpg 63.4K
    X.jpg 52.2K
    1.jpg 338.9K
    2.jpg 119.3K
    And still more.
    83516.jpg83517.jpg
  • JBJHJMJBJHJM0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow. Just wow. no crap, there must be a fan before the tastic.
    Wow, that's some intersting design here. I like the first, this gunship-thingie.
    Been awhile since I posted anything here. Actually stopped modeling for several months, just long enough that I actually forgot for a bit how to use Max's interface. Ugh, so glad the re-learning curve wasn't near as steep as it was when I learned this friggen program!

Anyways, been playing with a couple old ship designs the past few weeks in my spare time.
    I put a pic of the original ship for each design in the renders, just to give an idea of what was changed when I upgraded/redesigned them.

As usual, any and all critiques and comments are welcome.
    painted ship.jpg clay render.jpg Meso-clay.jpg
    94875.jpg94876.jpg94877.jpg