Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

MAX9 - Viewport grid not visible

SnowCrashSnowCrash191 Posts: 279Member
I've got a weird problem. Some of my viewports are missing the grid. Doesn't matter whether I check "Show Grid" or not. The odd thing is it appears to be geometry related. I am merging the object into a new file and the grid instantly disappears. and only in the front or back views......

Anyone got any ideas?
Post edited by SnowCrash on

• SnowCrashSnowCrash191 Posts: 279Member
    even weirder - grid reappears when I create something in that viewport
  • lennier1lennier1914 Posts: 1,284Member
    Kinda strange. You might have either accidentally pressed G to hide the grid (which wouldn´t explain why it sporadically reappears) or there´s some problem with how the viewport is translated by OpenGL, DirectX or the software option. In that case using the "redraw view" command might help but that´s only a temporary solution.
    And wasn´t there an option for the line width of the main grid? Maybe something reduced that value and now they only show up while the driver is
    Of course that´s just plain old guesswork but I still hope you´ll find a solution.
  • BEMEUPBEMEUP171 Va BeachPosts: 0Member
    I've seen that too. It seems the longer I work on a particular project, the flakier Max 9 tends to get. I've had the grid issue, sporadic grid snapping I can't turn off and tools that cease to be available on right click.

If I'm lucky I can merge the mesh stuff over to a new scene. By then you'll know if your mesh is corrupted or not.