Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

How do i get images into Max9 and be able to use them?

Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
As the title says i'm trying to get JPegs into a 3D Max 9 scene.

Annoyingly i can get them into the Materials and Mapping option rollout but when i try and place them onto the object/Selected areas i want they allways come up with the 'No can do' symbol.

Even more annoying is the fact that i can remember being shown how to do this a few years ago but for the life of me i cannot remember every step in the process. I'm capable of using the UVW mapping setup so that stage won't be a problem (Hopefully:rolleyes:).

I've looked online but i cannot find something that i can understand and get to work. ATM i have a number of differnet projects that have hit the buffers as i cannot get past this little hurdle:mad:

Ta in advance
Rob
Post edited by Dr Lee on

• spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    Are you talking about simply applying a texture to an object or do you want the image as a background? Might be worth grabbing and posting a screenshot of what you are doing and the texture settings
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    I just wanna take a image and apply it to an object.

I'll try and get a screenshot today
  • MetalElfMetalElf331 Posts: 0Member
    Where is this "materials & mapping" rollout?

It sounds like you want to just put a 'bitmap' in your diffuse mapping slot then apply? If so, there is a ton of other info under "Help | Tutorials" then "Materials and Mapping."

Hope this helps!
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    D'oh!

I can be a real ar$e sometimes...... *Shakes head*

I had looked throughout the Tutorials and not realised that the answer was indeed in front of me:rolleyes:

So instead of searching and searching i give up and make an unnessesary thread in here to get help.

Thanks Metalelf:thumb: