Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Blender Painting and Texturing

Chris VickersChris Vickers0 Posts: 0Member
The title only holds 2 of the 3 challenges I have to face in the final stages of rendering for the TSC Missouri (TCR-9063). These three challenges are:

1) The ship's paint job
2) The texturing on the ship, to give an impression she's seen her fair share of action, and then I need to create another more heavily damaged version for the first mesh of the ship.
3) Windows on the ship

If anyone can help me overcome these challenges it would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Chris Vickers on

• BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
    Well, as for the paint job, you'll need refs if it's a real ship, or atleast know what you want it to look like if it's not. You can create your own colors, or look around on some of the Blender sights for Material Libraries you can download for free.

Textures are about the same as above, make 'em or take 'em.

Windows - now theres a debatable subject - There are many ways to do windows, look around here and on other Blender sights for tutorials that give step by step instructions. But on a personal note, I'm fond of extruding and scaling to make my windows. But that only works if your not working on some fancy smancy complicated type of windows.

Hope this helps.