Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Trouble with MAX sound....

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
I'm animating a speaking character in MAX to a .wav file. For some reason, I can hear it fine when I'm scrubbing, but when I just play the anim, it's total silence.

Any ideas? I can't tell what's causing it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    What do you mean "just play the anim"? A little more info is needed. For example, are you rendering to an .avi, looking at it in the RAM player, or printing each frame out on sheets of paper and riffing through it? Throw us a bone here.
    The scene itself. I'm animating a character talking, and when I do that, I have the wave in the scene. Usually there's no issue, but I just had a new sound card put into this machine and now I only hear the sound file when I'm scrubbing (moving the frame slider left and right) and nothing when I play the animation.
    ahhh, I gotcha. That is weird if it works on scrub but not on play.

I presume it worked normally before you swapped sound cards? Have you checked if there are driver updates? Does the animation chug or stutter when you play the scene in the viewport?

Just grasping at straws really. I have not run into your problem, nor heard of this issue before.