Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Couple Questions On BSG Viper's

I.G.88I.G.880 Posts: 0Member
So im starting my first ever 3d desin and i want to make a viper im having issues with making the enigien's and the engine housing i keep trying im going for a twin or a Tri-enigien viper i have a couple idea's for it but i cant get the engien stuff done im going crazy! any idea's or sketches would be great!

Also: im debating on a round or the rectangualr Fuslelodge im so unsure ive' looked through form's for idea's but i cannot find any good front veiw's or engine view's
Post edited by I.G.88 on

• tetsujintetsujin0 Posts: 0Member
    So are you looking for references for the actual designs? Or are you designing your own version, and looking for inspiration?

If you're looking for references - I don't have a good lead on those. I thought maybe Starship Modeler would have some stuff, but I couldn't find anything on par with their Star Wars and Star Trek reference images. Best I could find with Google was this, which ain't great.

If you're looking for inspiration, you could look at real-world aircraft for ideas. (nothing like adding aerodynamic control surfaces or jet intake fans to a space fighter) If you want us to give you ideas - maybe someone would be up for brainstorming or something (though a clearer idea of what you're going for is a must) but it takes a fair amount of effort to cook up a really worthwhile idea and I think most people have their own thing going on. So do it yourself. :)

Also, if you're starting out with 3-d modeling and working out your first design, it might be better to start with the design on paper. I realize you, like me, probably aren't a skilled draftsman, but the advantage of paper is that it's very intuitive. (I started with paper plans to make the Zaku I'm working on - the worst thing was every now and then I'd want to "undo" or "redo", and CTRL-Z doesn't cut it when you're drawing on paper. But in the end, I had plans that I could translate directly into Blender.)
  • I.G.88I.G.880 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah i have some peices i found that im basing some of the design off of but im having isssues with the Engine module and such and casing i cant make it look right or blend with the cocpit. its like BLAH and im using Albrie Design im not sure it is capable of doing what i need to be done but i have gotten fairy well @ it
  • I.G.88I.G.880 Posts: 0Member
    Ok so now i have albrie design's and Blender im getting use to blender but i need to see a engine pod becasue i cant find good images to see what i need to does anyone have a mesh that i could use as a refrence?