Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Excelsior in hyperspace

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
x-render12.png
My new battlecruiser: The Excelsior.
... flying in hyperspace.
Tagged:

• amaysingstoriesamaysingstories1 Posts: 0Member
    The ship design looks good, but the angle's odd and I can't see a lot of detail -- which is especially important since your design is so radically different from the normal SG-1 ship design norms. And the far end of hyperspace looks . . . odd somehow. Perhaps you could have it fade to black? Lastly, does hyperspace give you a 360 degree lightsource? Where is / should be the lighting be coming from in your pic? I do like your ship and pic, but with a few changes it could cross over into "outstanding". My two cents.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    I have to agreed with amaysingstories.
  • mmm i disagree with you both, the angle is alright not perfect but alright and the hyperspace bubble Made by the ship is like a tubular *tube* surrounding the ship and its surroundings... which is why fighters are able to launch out of it..

and the discoloration of the walls is good because the larger the band the faster the object is traveling *from what i've seen anyway* take Atlantis for instance when it flew through hyperspace. it not only had the *tube* but HUGE thick bands or blue/black.

One point off coz of the large band down the bottom.. :p
  • Before I?ve created my own Slipstream-Tunnel I study some Stargate-Atlantis Episodes and I was totally surprised to see that the slipstream-tunnel in the show has just a uni-coloured ( blueish-violet ) open end. No special-effect, no fade to black, no nothing - season 3, episode 20 ( like my first LW9-Slipstream ) I guess in motion the amazing space-vessels keep the eyes away from that and before you realize it... Cut - next scene...

For images I agree with amaysingstories about fade to black - another alternative that looks nice is to give the slipstream a self-illumination and placing a pointlight at the end ( or both ends ) of the tunnel... ;)