Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

200 Metres from Salvation

J3SSEJ3SSE0 Posts: 0Member
200_metres_from_salvation_1a_copy.png
I put this image together to show a small scene from a fanfic I wrote a while back.
In this scene, the protagonists encounter a partly assimilated starship, which they hope will be their means of escape from the confines of a Borg cube.
Tagged:

• MauimanMauiman0 Posts: 4Member
    Intresting.... Did not know what the backstory was about it. I read the litrature on it and it is a intresting concept... I guess it would be pritty cool to have a partly assimilated Excelsior class starship. Very imagnitave and if you were a part of starfleet and some one who writes the scenerios for the trainees.. I am very positive that this one would be a great smashing hit.

I rate this one the highest Excellent and I do say good job on this.
  • Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
    I really don't know where to start with this.

Eric's model is now so old it really should only be used in basckground shots, I still can't figure out what's going on in the background, looks like TV interference. The lighting needs lots of work, but to me the most upsetting part is the funny looking splotches over the ships hull.
  • J3SSEJ3SSE0 Posts: 0Member
    @ Mauiman

Thanks for the comments - and yup I guess it IS quite a particular scenario :)
  • J3SSEJ3SSE0 Posts: 0Member
    I really don't know where to start with this.

Eric's model is now so old it really should only be used in basckground shots, I still can't figure out what's going on in the background, looks like TV interference. The lighting needs lots of work, but to me the most upsetting part is the funny looking splotches over the ships hull.
    - Andrew March

I take your point, Eric's model may indeed be an oldey but as a 'stand-in' for the ship that right now only exists in my head, it suffices - and besides that, being new to 'the scene' I can only use what I have access to ;)

(I may put something in the requests thread, though judging by some of the bellyaching in that thread any time a new face shows up I may hold for the moment. I want to have a crack at the design myself first anyway.)

Have to agree about the lighting - was trying for an eerie, gloom with scattered shafts of light in the haze.

Applied in post so easily changed/removed/redone ...definitely needs a re-think.

Lol! Don't ever be upset by a computer graphic. Life is too short ;)

The patches of Borg assimilation were pretty hastily knocked up, but the blur I used on the foreground image (to give a touch of DoF) of the ship hasn't worked as well as hoped on those areas.

I'm inclined to try a different appoach, proper 'assimilated tech' texures applied direct to mesh is probably the only sensible way to go.