Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Lady: Thy Name is Beauty

RolibaRoliba331 Posts: 0Member
Lady-Thy-Name-is-Beauty.jpg
Just something I was working on.
Tagged:

• AndrewAndrew331 Posts: 0Member
    I hate to sound clich?, but I don't much care for those nacelle caps - too pink for my liking. And there seems to be a slight black fringe around the Enterprise, as if it was pasted onto the picture of the planet? If this is so, then a simple Photoshop black matte remover should do the trick. But overall, the image is nice.
  • Mr RonsfieldMr Ronsfield0 Posts: 0Member
    Relly Good Work, It looks like TOS!
  • Halo BuffHalo Buff331 Posts: 0Member
    I agree with Andrew. It's a good pic of the fine lady, but the nacell caps are more of a grey/white color with colored blobs inside. (I've just watched half of seaon 1 on dvd).

Also, the original models used frosted glass (or was it plastic) domes (which have since been lost) and a spinning wheel with actuall Christmas lights on it to create the effect. The nacell caps were never supposed to be a solid red, though those were what replaced the original caps for a time before that was discovered and the Big E herself was reworked for the Smithsonian.
  • BasajaunBasajaun183 Posts: 0Member
    The truth is that when it comes to the 'bussard collectors' it's pretty hard to get a nice looking effect, since they looked different on almost every single shot in TOS. And the same for the color. I've tried a wide variety of setups myself for my Enterprise and none of them have convinced me at 100%.

In this case, Roliba has created an interesting 'bussard collector' effect which doesn't look that bad.