Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Valkyrie Under Fire

valkyriefight.jpg
"Shields up, bring weapons on-line. All hands, battle stations."

My first render with proper scene setup, so C&C are most welcome. :)
Tagged:

• mcmillermcmiller331 Posts: 0Member
    Lens flares and glows may be a bit overdone. But otherwise not bad for a first render. A tiny bit more fill light for some of the ships might also be helpful in bringing out the ships and their outlines.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    Excellent shielding effect, but as mcmiller stated, the lens flares and glows are a bit overdone. I do really like the shielding effect though.
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Like mcmiller stated (in so many words :lol:), the image is way too dark, I can barely make out the ships on my monitor. And the two in the distance, I can't see at all. As for the lens flares, if the image had more contrast, (if you could see the ships better that is), may be you could get away with them being that hard, (because the ships would draw you attention away from them somewhat), but still they would appear to be way overdone. Now for the shielding effect, though not bad, it should be more highlighted ("glowing")on the side of the actual blast/attack. Because as it is now, it just looks like you placed a semi-transparent uvsphere, around a ship's model. The star in the background is great, as well as what I can see of the models themselves, the Fed ship, and the Gem'Hadar ship in the foreground. The weapon's fire is cool too. So as mcmiller stated, "not bad for a first render". :thumb:, pretty good job.

EDIT: The sheild's sphere has too much specular as well.