Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

STARFLEET BEYOND

BrainBrain0 Posts: 0Member
HOOVER-CLASS01.jpg
The prototype Hoover-class ultra-deep space explorer takes advantage of a repeating micro-wormhole event to explore the far reaches of the LMC, a satellite galaxy of our own Milky Way.
Tagged:

• CrimsonLineCrimsonLine171 Posts: 0Member
    Cool looking ship design! Quite unusual!
  • DarkElfaDarkElfa331 Posts: 0Member
    That's a great design, cheers!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    Nice work Brain.
  • RAF-MXRAF-MX10 Posts: 0Member
    Good looking Design...Se ve bien tu dise?o, felicidades!!
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    what timeperiod is that ship from? it unites some unusual designelements: nacelles look like late 24th century, the even hullsurface looks like TOS-era, the centre of the deflector-dish could use some more detail, the outer ring of the hull (somehow i don't want to call it saucersection) somehow remonds me of the droid-controllships of SW I - the phantom-menace
  • BrainBrain0 Posts: 0Member
    I guess there's a long story behind this... and I'll try to make it short:

My website over at www.sapringercentral.com has hosted a bunch of silly and not-so-silly parodies of STAR TREK (check out episodes of STONE TREK over at www.stonetrek.com). One of the parodies involves a Trek/X-Files crossover, and I was looking for a unique new starship design for what I was naming the U.S.S. J. Edgar Hoover, the ship Federation Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents Mulder & Scully use to investigate oddities in the STAR TREK universe. On that page is an original design concept for what has become the Hoover-class prototype pictured above.

STARFLEET BEYOND is a STAR TREK spin-off idea, where investigation into a regularly-repeating micro-wormhole event in the Beta Quadrant reveals where the other end opens to - the Large Magellanic Cloud. The premise deals with a mixed fleet of Federation, Klingon and Romulan ships that purposely (but temporarily) castaway themselves in another galaxy for exploration purposes. Of course, there's more than meets the eye here. Episodes deal with the vagaries in how the different crews would handle their Problem-Of-The-Week.

-Brain

www.stonetrek.com