Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Damage Texture Test

GuitarECGuitarEC333 Posts: 44Member
Damage_Test1.png
I looked and looked and couldn't find a tutorial on how to make damage for something, so I started playing around with GIMP, made a couple of textures and applied them to Dennis Bailey's Refit Mesh.

This what I consider my first releasable attempt at this.

Depending on feedback, I may be inclined to document how I made the textures, as well as how I applied them in Blender.

Let me know what you think.

Eric "GuitarEC" Clark
Tagged:

• OovebeiOovebei171 Posts: 0Member
    As a Blender user I would be interested in the how to - nice work
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    Nice...
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    It kinda looks like you've got repeated holes, instead of one long gash, but it still looks amazing, i'm all for a Damaged Ent texture package
  • GuitarECGuitarEC333 Posts: 44Member
    Yea, that what the effect I was going for - based it on [URL="http://home.comcast.net/~woozletrek/enterprise/dorsal3.jpg"]this image[/URL] I found on the web.

And when you think about it, the TMP era phashers fired in pulses, so it would make sense that the resulting damage would be a series of holes instead of a big long tear.
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Ahhh i see what you mean now.

will you be doing ST II hull damage, or ST III which made it the ENT even more damaged that originally
  • GuitarECGuitarEC333 Posts: 44Member
    Neither really Timelord - I was doing this more as a proof-of-concept image, and after figuring out how to get reasonable results, I was asking if there was interest in a tutorial on how I achieved them.

Being that you asked for a "Damaged Enterprise Texture pack" - does that qualify as a "yes" vote for the tutorial?
  • darth victordarth victor0 Posts: 0Member
    I'd be very interested to see a tutorial on this, too.