Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Viper Display

penfoldpenfold0 Posts: 0Member
viper001wall.jpg
One of the Vipers parked up ready to fly a display.

• efritschefritsch0 Posts: 0Member
    The Viper doesn't quite look right. It's close. I think the shadow is too directly under neath, it needs to be further back from the runway, as the A4 (?) shadow is slightly off center. Maybe a bit of specular highlighting on the Viper too. Otherwise, it's very close. Good job.
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Heh heh.. nice.. I think the shadow needs to be a bit darker though and there is something in general, which looks out of place, but I'm not technically minded enough to be able to suggest how to change it. But maybe adding film grain or something to make the viper look more in keeping with the other two birds?
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    The Viper looks pasted in. While the plane on the foreground has a glow and a bit of "dirt", the Viper hasn't. And it is, indeed, to close: you somewhere messed up with the perspective. Good start, tho...
  • SphynxSphynx195 Posts: 461Member
    The Viper also hasn't been rendered at the correct angle - draw a line between the two rear-legs of the Viper into the distance, then match it with the angle of the runway and angle of the grass verge - at this focal length and image cropping all three should effectively be parallel, but they're not.

The viper line collides with the grass verge even before it leaves the boundaries of the image and the viper appears to be hanging in space instead.

Correct that, and you'll cure a lot of what viewers will see as being 'sub-conciously' wrong with this image, then work on the lighting - as already stated by BorgMan, it does look pasted in, but I think that the perspective is the biggest problem to tackle first.

You also need to work on that shadow - it needs to be darker, but the point at which the legs hit the floor need to be darker still. You effectively need to simulate a GI shadow to get this to work on that surface.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    :cool: image penfold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    Wow! that good!

Also look at the shadow parameters. Look closely and u will find hawk's shadow is not exactly black! Some shade of blue. And the incident light is not always white!

Use the color picker tool.

Even if u match the light and shadow colors, it will look realistic!
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    It looks like it was pasted into onto a pic.
  • Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
    Agreed, needs lots of work