Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Cobra broadside

20060923b.jpg
Imperial Cobra class destroyer from Battlefleet Gothic, spreading the Emperor's word to the enemies of mankind.
Built in Cinema4D.

• Fafnir_6Fafnir_6171 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, even better than the other Cobra pic. Do you plan on doing any Chaos ships???

Fafnir_6
  • MechmasterMechmaster0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks.

I have already started work on a Chaos Infidel raider and will probably begin a thread on it in the 3D WIPs section sometime this week.
  • Honman1Honman10 Posts: 0Member
    Uh... I saw the picture yesterday. Now it's showing "Pending". It was an excellent piece of work. This is from a T.V. show?
  • KadaeuxKadaeux0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent mate I love it!

Are you going to do a pic showing a Torpedo run?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    Great job.
  • nyrathnyrath0 Posts: 0Member
    Honman1, the ship is from a tabletop miniatures game called "Battlefleet Gothic".

Mechmaster, this is my new desktop picture. Simply stunning.
    That is a brilliant pic, but, small fluff note. Remind me, did the Cobra actually have weapons batteries? I thought it just had a pair of torpedo launchers? Oh who cares.
    You may well be right, I have never played the game and know next to nothing about the ships.

I simply chose to interpret various bumps and blobs on the miniature as weapons installations since it seemed to me that a ship of this size should have a reasonable amount of firepower. Consider it to be built from a 'real world' perspective rather than a faithful translation of the game.
  • KenetorKenetor331 Posts: 0Member
    is the weapons fire photoshop or is it from within C4D?

kenetor
    ikarugan1984, the Cobra has 2 torpedoes and 1 weapon battery so that picture is pretty accurate.

But even if it weren't the case, it would still be impressive.
    Its all done in C4D, the beams and bolts are visible light sources with noise and the smoke/gas is Pyrocluster particle effects.
    Very well done! A+!

Venerate the Immortal Emperor.