Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Terran Battlecruiser Fleet

Enterprise-EEnterprise-E0 Posts: 0Member
Terran_BC_Fleet_alternate.jpg
A fleet of Terran 'Behemoth' class Battlecruisers moving silently above a twilight planet...

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    Nice!! The background is my favourite part. the lighting on the ships is well done. Terrain needs some improvements. the hills aren't bad but the lake? needs a more gradual shore line. very nice work overall though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    I doubt that, that is water. Because where there is liquid water, there is usually life of some kind. Although it could be microscopic life and we can't see it, so maybe I'm wrong about that. Or maybe it was once an underground body of water, and the roof caved in leaving an edge. I've seen it happen before.

As for the picture: The ships are down right good - I have nothing to add or criticize about them, but I do have something to say about the rest of the picture.

1) The planets surface looks a bit too plastic, and untextured. But maybe that's what you were going for - I don't know.

2) Other than the planet scape in the foreground and the distant planet in the background, everything else looks flat and very two dimensional. There seems to be no feeling of the vast depths of space. Even when you look up at the night sky, you get a feeling of distance (unless you only have one eye).

Summary: Lighting is fine, models are fine, textures are wrong.