Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Smoothes concern....

TveakkTveakk0 Posts: 0Member
hei there, well i have a small problem on my hands i cant figure out.....

well, im modeling a Scar Rifle, some parts I use meshsmooth, some parts I dont wanna struggle with. so the point is that i have many different parts in 1 model, how do i attach all the parts together and still activate meshsmooth on the parts I need and not the ones i dont need.

???? plz....help
Post edited by Tveakk on

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9830 Posts: 5,332Member
    Depends.
    If its cut off sections that need reattaching then your going to have to collapse the smoothing. Then attach and weld the verts. If its entire sepratly modeled parts then you have a few options leave then seprate anf group them. Attachthem leaving overlaping faces OR attach and weld them in Issue with this is youll ahve to either plan WAY ahead to make sure the verts match uo or close to in a location you can weld them together.
    Im not totaly sure what the issue is but Im just guessing with my responces.

A image of the situation would help. I dont use meshsmooth in max since I have too often had it crash (early versions of max) as I was mucking around I use Turbosmooth. (similar but less specific in its manner) So Im not sure of the settings to allow a properly collapsed mesh. In turbosmooth if you have isoline display on and you collapse it makes a bloody mess of the mesh. IE basicly making it useless.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • TveakkTveakk0 Posts: 0Member
    K, light blue indicates mesh smoothed parts, they are all attached into 1 object,

The darker blue, are the objects that dont requare Smoothing, now, is there a way to attach the Darker Collored objects into the Smothened object, Thus ending up with 1 object, which haves smooth parts and Non-smooth parts!!!