Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D Software?

SkeletorSkeletor0 Posts: 0Member
Hey guys im wanting to start 3d modeling but i have no idea what Software to use to begin with, i looke up 3DS Max and its very expensive if i am not mistaken?

so what would be your reccomendation on Software for a beginner, something similar to 3DS Max but without the price tag would be great but again i am a complete n00b at this so any help would be great :D
Post edited by Skeletor on

• TheGreatRajaTheGreatRaja171 Posts: 0Member
    blender :) it's free and has a lot of support.
  • Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
    Three threads down from this is an identical thread, have a look in there ;)
  • SkeletorSkeletor0 Posts: 0Member
    sorry man, just posted before i looked at it.

i am downloading 3DS Max could anyone tell me were to get this from and the price on it? im hoping it isnt £2000?
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    sorry man, just posted before i looked at it.

i am downloading 3DS Max could anyone tell me were to get this from and the price on it? im hoping it isnt £2000?
    you're downloading it but you haven't bought it?
    its the trial version.

i am suffering problems with the instilation, microsoft.net frame 2 or runs into an error and it the whole instilation stops and closes.
  • IainBIainB331 Posts: 0Member
    maybe try re downloading net framework? Max costs loads a cash anyway, blender is probably a good idea if your a beginner cos its free, i understand its pretty damn good considering.
    ok so i have downloaded Lighwave 9 tiral version becasue it was the only one that didnt give me any hassle.

now i have no idea how do use it or make a start?

can anyone help?
  • Forcemaster2000Forcemaster2000331 Posts: 0Member
    You might want to try Wings3d...it's free and though I've only recently been messing with it, it's quite easy to pick up and there are several people here on the forum using it and they're more than happy to share their knowledge!
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    NewTek's LightWave site has some basic modelling tutorials- try working through those to familiarise yourself with the interface. :)
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
    / As Greg suggested, there are lots of tutorials around for the begginer.