Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Truespace 5.0 - Specular maps

backsteptbackstept2089 Posts: 930Member
frakkin' truespace with its icon based menus . . . I can't find how to assign a specular map
anyone know how?
Post edited by backstept on

• Forcemaster2000Forcemaster2000331 Posts: 0Member
    Don't take my answer as a definitive response :shiner: but I remember looking into this awhile back and I can only remember that it seemed to come up a big goose-egg for me. The answer I seemed to come to was that TS 5.x and earlier didn't make use of spec maps. The only thing I've seen that it has is the ability to pick a 'color' under reflectance to be used for specularity and then the slider to pick how much specularity by percentage it should render.

I know that with TS 6.x there were more options to work with when it came to materials.

I could be wrong though, and will watch this thread closely...maybe one of the TS guru's here will know something more...wish I could have been more help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    is there a shiny button? :D
  • mcmillermcmiller331 Posts: 0Member
    Dallidas wrote: »
    is there a shiny button? :D

Yeah, if you just want to make the entire object uniformly shiny! :)

I'm still using TS 6.6 and the best thing that I've found for spec mapping so far has been ShaderLab 2.4. One of the shaders for just the reflectance channel is called "Arnold's Controlled Specularity," it allows the use of diffuse and specularity maps, and control over basic settings.
  • backsteptbackstept2089 Posts: 930Member
    I will certainly check it out :thumb: