Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Are you looking for explosion reference?

ZabieglyZabiegly176 Posts: 0Member
Then you should watch this:
LiveLeak.com - High Speed Camera - Car Explosion

Highspeed camera footage of a car exploding. I think that is a remarkable shot. Especially the shockwave in the beginning. If that was 3d everybody would complain about that. But sometimes reality looks very CGIish :D
Post edited by Zabiegly on

• BrickheadBrickhead176 Posts: 0Member
    Yea, that was very cool. thanks for the link.
  • efritschefritsch0 Posts: 0Member
    That is very neat! I'm assuming that would be the heat wave expanding out from the blast?
  • DarthMayaDarthMaya0 Posts: 0Member
    Slow motion clips of explosions are amazing... The shockwave is so cool...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    if you love that go to google videos and look for a set up clips of people shooting random onjects, and fliming with a high speed camera, its sweetness.

ill see if i can find the link

here it is

this is sweet too
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice stuff! The bullet going through the water bottle was very cool.
  • Mr. WildeMr. Wilde197 Posts: 121Member
    That shockwave is hard to believe. :cool: Makes you think that the distortion waves of the Matrix bullet time effect are actually the CG versions of a real phenomenon that becomes visible for high speed cameras?
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    ok check out these shockwaves from the USS Iowa as it fires it big guns!!!!!

http://encyclopedia.quickseek.com/images/Uss_iowa_bb-61_pr.jpg

Uss_iowa_bb-61_pr.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    not an explotion but YouTube - Sword Cuts 7 Machine Gun Rounds is quite cool. its all in japanese and a bit long but i thought it was well worth the wait. first realtime, then slo-mo, then super-slo-mo. good stuff!
  • ZabieglyZabiegly176 Posts: 0Member
    It's a shame some geeks had to destroy a beautifully crafted master sword like this. Firing a machine gun at it like a bunch of morons.

The Iowa-firing image is really cool though. Makes you wonder how the ship can sustain the sudden lack of water and then the hit of it washing back. Poor fisheys :D
  • mlynchmlynch0 Posts: 0Member
    Poor fishies? Can you imagine being on deck and inside the radius of that shockwave? Talk about knocking the wind out of your chest... :o
  • ZabieglyZabiegly176 Posts: 0Member
    Well I guess the crew gets a warning beforehand while the fishies don't :D

Actually it should be "poor target" :)