Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

SG1 size comparison chart?

ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
Can't seem to find one. Thnx
Post edited by Elowan on

• biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    I think Teal'c is the tallest, then Mitchell and Daniels about the same, then Vala Doran, and finally Sam.

Hope this helps.
  • SphynxSphynx195 Posts: 461Member
    Now, now Bio...be nice.

A little more in the post would have been good however.
    I thought that was helpful, oh well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I think he meant ships

im pretty sure the order from largest to smallest is Hive ship, O'niell class mothership, Orion, Toilet bowl, hatak, BC-304. I think i got all the big ones.
  • Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
    Shouldn't this be in the request forum?
  • EoraptorEoraptor1 Posts: 0Member
    Hey, I thought it was funny... this would be one to request over at Jeff Russell's STARSHIP DIMENSIONS

but actually, isn't the Ori crusier like the biggest, followed by Anubis' cruiser, then the rest?
    the ori cruiser is smaller than a hive, which is 2 km long i think?
    I can never see that site enough, just love it.
    too bad it doenst have any stargate
    Yeah, it does.

Just look harder
    got a link? im not seeing them in the index
    Every page shows the same link, just look in 10x, 1x and 2x
    all i see is the hatak and the gate itself. not really much to go off of. plus i dont think the hatak size is right
    But there is stargate, yes?
    biotech wrote: »
    But there is stargate, yes?

yes, but he was wanting all of the ships, not just one of them.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    OK - so I'm a dork; been called worse.:cool:

Was having a tough day. In any event - I've yet to find a decent comparison chart of the SG1 SHIPS. The only thing I know for sure is that a Wraith Hive Ship is 11 kms.

As to putting this 'request'/question here - it seemed appropriate. Hadn't counted on getting nabbed by the Thread Police. Can you tell that this day is not starting out well either?

I need more coffee I think.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    GateWorld says that Hive ships are the second largest...
  • GrzesiekGrzesiek0 Posts: 0Member
    Been having same issue, with identifying size.

Since ships change size as much as they did on startrek (to fit the story) i decided to use a human approach in scaling. we have windows, and based on them i can get decent estimate. My thread in WIPs had a human size comparison of all ships. Not official, but its close enough.

Might help.

The result (excluding hive ships) is the aurora the longest, ori the fattest, hatak still big, human quite small. Didn't have time to extrapolate actual size but hope this helps.
  • Safe@2ndSafe@2nd0 Posts: 0Member
    Grzesiek, I think your approach does well. I really liked your thread even though I think I've only ever watched one episode of the show. Liked the movie better but found even that didn't quite live up to the excellent premise, but I digress.

Jeff Russel's site is excellent for finding ships. He'll be the first to admit he doesn't have all of them, and the sizes won't please everybody, but he at least explains where he came up with his dimensions, much like Grzesiek. AND he's always looking to expand but, I guess, he's having the same troubles as you.

Wish I could help Elowan. But Jeff Russels site was the one I was going to suggest too.