Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3ds Max 8 Runs In The Background?

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
Hey All! I have been experiencing slowdowns in my comp latley (not spyware virus etc...) so i opened up task manager and went to process and looked to see what was eating my RAM and Cpu up. As it turns out Max is eating up 250MB of my 768Mb of RAM and 50% of my CPU i tried ending process but it just comes back after 30 seconds. It has never done this before. And i recentley got the free trial of VRay (could it be VRay?). Does anyone else have this happen? Is there a way to stop it? Thanks!

P.S. Max isn't running at the time:p it's right after a restart (of my comp).... almost like its in the startup registrey but theres no tray icon.
Post edited by Unknown User on

• SandmanNinjaSandmanNinja0 Posts: 0Member
    isn't there a net render / back burner program that sits in memory, looking for requests to render things from other computers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    ya that sounds kinda familiar, the process says it was initiated by the system. Does anyone know how to turn that off?

[EDIT] Ya But i dont think that would take 50% of a 2.60 Ghz comp would it? [/EDIT]
    i would try some program that controls the autorun list (i use "autorun") and another that monitors things running in the background (i think there is a proggy actually called "backburner" for that). both can be found at majorgeek.com. this should give you ample control over what is running when.

besides those i would look for obvious culprits. did you install something recently? if things like seti@home can use cpu cycles when your pc is idle it shouldnt be too hard for another program to hijack your pc...
    thanks for the program but i am positive that my comp isn't infected with nothing or being hijacked.
  • Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
    Is it max that's running in the background or is the Autodesk licensing app that's running. The Licensing app is Autodesks way of knowing if you're using a legit version of thier software.

Let us know what the name of the process is.
    their is the lisencing app but also Adskcleanup0001.exe and 3dsmax.exe
    it was the vray trial i had recentley installed.for some reason it felt the need to take 40% of my processor power and 100MB of RAM away when i wan't even using Max. Uninstalling it fixed it but Vray was pretty cool...