Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Blender: How do you erase a previously created Animation?

BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
I'm trying to create a animation, but the one I did prior to this one is still saved and overiding my new one. How do I get rid of or around the old animation? HELP!
Post edited by BoogerMc on

• SphynxSphynx195 Posts: 461Member
    It depends what you want to delete.

As Blender works using data blocks, you should be able to go into the Animation screen and simply 'unhook' the data block containing the animation from the objects in question.

If you want to delete keys or entire strips of keys but otherwise leave a lot information intact, select your key frames on the graph and simply press [Del] or [X] - the same keyboard shortcuts are effective as in the modelling area. If you select everything in the graph (you may have to select and [TAB], depending on what you are deleting), you can delete all of the animation information within that block - just remember that you'll then have a data block hanging around without anything useful within it.
  • BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
    First off, let me say thank you for responding. Second Hiya Sphynx. Third, Huh?

I will attempt to explain my problem.

I have a man and a woman figure I am attempting to animate. I did a short animation with the woman, then duplicated and modified her to get the man. Now both of them have the same animation, but I want to erase that animation and start over fresh. I have selected the IPO curve and deleted it several times only to have it come back and play havoc with the new animation. Short of recreating the entire "scene" how do I get rid of the old animation data and start fresh.

Let's pretend I'm a complete idiot here and give it to me step by step. By the way, I am a complete idiot here because for what little success I have had with animations, I've had about twice as many failures.

Again thanks for responding.
    Update: I figured out how to erase what I needed and was successful in creating my new animation. I thought about what you said Sphynx and started looking through the various modes until I found where I needed to be to do what I needed to do. Thanks again for your help. Now I don't feel so stupid, or at least not as stupid. :)

I would share the animation with the crew, but I would probably get severely reprimanded afterward. It's a bit - well - lets just say the words "doggie" and .... oh you get the picture. I'm shutting up now. Bye.
  • SphynxSphynx195 Posts: 461Member
    Hi Booger, unfortunately I couldn't give you any more help as I've been out for the last few days - glad to see you figured it out.
    That's cool Sphynx. In a way you were a big help, you out me on the right track.